T Nation

Putting a Cigerette Out on a Tongue?

Just watched Eastern Promises…I have to learn how to do something this badass haha.

Is there any tricks/tips?

T-Bird did that in “The Crow”.

Badass? I dunno, I think the only trick is to be under the influence of some mind-altering substance that overrides your pain threshold and/or intelligence.

I’ve done this many times. Ice your tung and make sure its moist then put the cigarette out on it. I can also cup my tung, hold saliva, and put the cigarette out on this.

Done this before also. To my advantage, many years of drinking ultra hot coffee has made my tongue considerably less sentient.

As Hagar said, it’s all about a thick, slimey saliva layer.

Tongue? Youch… but don’t give me any ideas because I will try it. I still have a burn on my middle knuckle of my left hand from St. Patty’s Day. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

Another game is when you get a buddy and hold your forearms together, then drop a smoke in between and see who can stay the longest.

I used to do this all the time. Just load your tongue with saliva (or beer) and go for it. It usually won’t burn.

So, not only would it suck when you misjudge how much saliva you need on your tongue and burn yourself… but then you just have ash in your mouth.

Gross.

This trick is easy - do it exactly as Zap Branigan said above. I used to do it all the time as well.

It might appear badass like you’re handling the pain of being burnt, but really it doesn’t hurt or burn at all - there is a scientific principle behind this trick.

You can practice by holding a small pool of beer or saliva on your tongue, then dip the cigarette into that pool, where it will go out. You can even do the trick this way, if you’re at an angle where nobody can see the pool on your tongue. It’s just a matter of getting over that first hurdle, then you can go for it.

The only drawback is that you get a big gob of wet ash on your tongue afterwards which tastes really bad and you have to spit it out. Or swallow it with a swig of beer if you’re tough enough, lol.

If you really wanne be badass, put your cigarette out on the bouncer’s tongue.

Now THAT impresses.

Damnit, I’m going to get drunk and think this is a really cool idea and burn the fuck out of myself.

Be a man and quit screwing around with this silly putting it out stuff:

1. Light cig
  2. Smoke cig
  3. Toss lit cig in air
  4. Catch lit cig in mouth
  5. Swallow lit cig
  6. Blow smoke out ass

To be even cooler, do this all while curling in the squat rack.

[quote]JohnnyBlaze wrote:
It might appear badass like you’re handling the pain of being burnt, but really it doesn’t hurt or burn at all - there is a scientific principle behind this trick. [/quote]

What’s the point of trying to “appear badass” if it doesn’t really hurt or burn? Put it out on your palm like G. Gordon Liddy.