T Nation

Putin...Verbatim

On February 4th, 2013, Vladimir Putin, the Russian president, addressed the Duma, (Russian Parliament), and gave a speech about the tensions with minorities in Russia:

"In Russia live Russians. Any minority, from anywhere, if it wants to live in Russia, to work and eat in Russia, should speak Russian, and should respect the Russian laws. If they prefer Sharia Law, then we advise them to go to those places where that's the state law. Russia does not need minorities. Minorities need Russia, and we will not grant them special privileges, or try to change our laws to fit their desires, no matter how loud they yell 'discrimination'. We better learn from the suicides of America, England, Holland and France, if we are to survive as a nation. The Russian customs and traditions are not compatible with the lack of culture or the primitive ways of most minorities. When this honorable legislative body thinks of creating new laws, it should have in mind the national interest first, observing that the minorities are not Russians."

The politicians in the Duma gave Putin a five minute standing ovation.

fake

What Putin actually said, in January 2012:

“We must create the conditions for immigrants to normally integrate into our society, learn Russian and, of course, respect our culture and traditions and abide by Russian law. In this regard, I believe that the decision to make learning the Russian language compulsory and administer exams is well grounded. To do so, we will need to carry out major organisational work and introduce corresponding legislative amendments.”

Thanks for clarifying Varq, I didn’t think Putin was THAT heartless.

I like it. Russia may not do everything right, but that sure as hell is better than what we do in the US.

US Immigrant? Sure, continue to speak your language and expect the locals to learn it, even in day to day work. Feel free to do whatever you like and however you like, oh and to impose your thoughts and ideas on us, we love foreigners!!

One thing that pisses me off is how easily we treat illegals. Go to Mexico or any other country without proper paperwork and get caught. See how much fun you have.

Bauber, see my new thread, you’ll throw up in your mouth, and it won’t be because of heavy Squats.

[quote]Quasi-Tech wrote:
Bauber, see my new thread, you’ll throw up in your mouth, and it won’t be because of heavy Squats.[/quote]

Nothing in this country surprises me anymore. None of our politicians care about protecting us or the integrity of this country. Fuck them all.

[quote]Karado wrote:
Thanks for clarifying Varq, I didn’t think Putin was THAT heartless.[/quote]

He’s effectively made homosexuality illegal and has turned a blind eye when Russian Nazi’s tourtured a gay teen to death, but THIS is where you call him heartless?

Frankly, I think it’s a shame he didn’t actually say this. I’d like to think Putin of all people would have the balls to call bullshit on Sharia and put the Russian people first.

[quote]Bauber wrote:
One thing that pisses me off is how easily we treat illegals. Go to Mexico or any other country without proper paperwork and get caught. See how much fun you have.[/quote]

Actually, Mexico has recently been heavily pushing legislation to give illegal American’s a free pass into Mexican citizenship. As it happens, old white Americans actually do bring value to Mexico when they immigrate illegally. I’m with you on the absurdity of how easy you guys go on illegal mexicans, though.

[quote]RyuuKyuzo wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:
Go to Mexico or any other country without proper paperwork and get caught. See how much fun you have.[/quote]

Actually, Mexico has recently been heavily pushing legislation to give illegal American’s a free pass into Mexican citizenship.[/quote]

Bauber not knowing facts on a political subject he is commenting on? Truly shocking…

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]RyuuKyuzo wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:
Go to Mexico or any other country without proper paperwork and get caught. See how much fun you have.[/quote]

Actually, Mexico has recently been heavily pushing legislation to give illegal American’s a free pass into Mexican citizenship.[/quote]

Bauber not knowing facts on a political subject he is commenting on? Truly shocking…[/quote]

Making a worthless comment again… Truly shocking.

But that is good Mexico is pushing that legislation. It must be very recent. Sorry VTballa I guess you keep up with every issue down to the day. Since you know so much about everything enlighten us. Has the legislation passed? What are the parameters or requirements? And you must have a hard on for me following me around just to bash on me. Flattering really.

And I don’t see why Mexico wouldn’t. But it is still an extremely corrupt country through its entirety. If you have cash, you can get out of anything.

And honestly I have no issue with people coming here, but do it legally and through the proper channels.

[quote]Bauber wrote:

And I don’t see why Mexico wouldn’t. But it is still an extremely corrupt country through its entirety. If you have cash, you can get out of anything.[/quote]

Kinda like here, only in this country you need more cash.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

And I don’t see why Mexico wouldn’t. But it is still an extremely corrupt country through its entirety. If you have cash, you can get out of anything.[/quote]

Kinda like here, only in this country you need more cash.
[/quote]

Very true A LOT more.

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]RyuuKyuzo wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

Bauber not knowing facts on a political subject he is commenting on? Truly shocking…[/quote]

But that is good Mexico is pushing that legislation. It must be very recent. Sorry VTballa I guess you keep up with every issue down to the day. Since you know so much about everything enlighten us. Has the legislation passed? What are the parameters or requirements? And you must have a hard on for me following me around just to bash on me. Flattering really.

And I don’t see why Mexico wouldn’t. But it is still an extremely corrupt country through its entirety. If you have cash, you can get out of anything.

And honestly I have no issue with people coming here, but do it legally and through the proper channels.[/quote]

It is pretty recent. I’d only heard about it earlier that day, myself.

All though that video is from a year ago. Whether or not that’s still considered “recent” depends on who you ask.

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]RyuuKyuzo wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[/quote]

Following you around? you realize this is a PUBLIC forum right, numbnuts? LOL I read through it occasionally, and actually digest what I am looking at, and notice how idiotic your comments and statements seem to be. You seem to make an awful lot of unfounded statements, and when I read something that is remarkable or potentially unbelievable, I tend to do my research to find out if it is true or not. Nobody is following you around–your dumbass comments just stick out like a sore thumb.

But hey if it makes you feel better, De Nile is only a river in Egypt…

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]RyuuKyuzo wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[/quote]

Following you around? you realize this is a PUBLIC forum right, numbnuts? LOL I read through it occasionally, and actually digest what I am looking at, and notice how idiotic your comments and statements seem to be. You seem to make an awful lot of unfounded statements, and when I read something that is remarkable or potentially unbelievable, I tend to do my research to find out if it is true or not. Nobody is following you around–your dumbass comments just stick out like a sore thumb.

But hey if it makes you feel better, De Nile is only a river in Egypt…[/quote]

You do realize the legislation mentioned was RECENT. So explain how my comments were unfounded. It was commonly known that venturing into Mexico without proper paperwork or committing crimes there even petty would get you in some very hot water. Much worse than any illegals committing crimes here. Deport you back to the US? Sure, after you paid an exorbitant fee. Also explain how it is remarkable or potentially unbelievable what I said.

I dare say you aren’t so antagonistic in person. So please I am looking forward to your explanation that will never come or won’t make any sense.

[quote]Bauber wrote:

You do realize the legislation mentioned was RECENT. So explain how my comments were unfounded. It was commonly known that venturing into Mexico without proper paperwork or committing crimes there even petty would get you in some very hot water. Much worse than any illegals committing crimes here. Deport you back to the US? Sure, after you paid an exorbitant fee. Also explain how it is remarkable or potentially unbelievable what I said.

I dare say you aren’t so antagonistic in person. So please I am looking forward to your explanation that will never come or won’t make any sense.[/quote]

That video was over a year old. How recent do things need to be before ya’ll get up to date on them in your little neck of the woods? 2 years? A decade?

It was pretty obvious you had no earthly idea how illegal immigrants in Mexico were treated, you took a wild stab at it, and you were shown to be wrong. You are going on the defensive now because you are embarrassed, and trying to cling onto any lifeline of truth that might somehow disguise your previous ignorance and that is an understandable and common reaction. Nothing wrong with that…but your comments are on display for the world to see…

[quote]
0:24 of the video that Bauber obviously didn’t watch said:

They’ve been coming here for [u]decades[/u]…the mere idea of mexican immigration oficials asking for their papers strikes them as absurd…[/quote]

So recent…so tough…so “not fun”…

And the recent legislation that Ryu was referencing was actually passed in 2011…

So recent…so tough…

I suppose you were just parrotting what you heard on fox news about some bullshit about how weak the US is on immigration compared to other country’s, and ran with it…

The video I linked has just over 10k views. Not exactly viral. Frankly, I would have been surprised if someone else on T-Nation had also seen it.

I didn’t post the video in order to make Bauber feel ignorant, and I don’t think he does, nor should he ought to feel, embarrassed over it. It’s a reasonable mistake, and his outrage at how easily we treat illegals is still valid regardless of Mexico’s immigration policy.