T Nation

'Put Down The Internet and Lift!'

I just wanted to add that I hate when people on the net here tell other people to stop wasting time on the net and just go to the gym and lift.
There are 24 hours in a day. 1 hour in the gym doesn’t take up all my time…sure you don’t want to sit in front of a computer all day, but 20-30 mins a day isn’t going to hurt.
Hell, I’ve been a member since about 2006 or something and am only at 300 posts or so.

Same goes for when you mention last night’s episode of whatever TV show and some goof uses that opportunity to mention they don’t have TV and that they prefer reading.
Shithead! I’ve likely read more books than you’ve had hot meals! I can read a book THEN watch goddamned “Lost” OK?!?!

ahem, sorry 'bout that.

maybe you wouldn’t mind if you woudln’t spend all u’re damn time on the 'net and go lift a weight once in a while

But it’s Sunday!

But glad you got that joke in early. We knew it would come up sooner or later.

what is this -internet- you speak of?

[quote]Nards wrote:
I just wanted to add that I hate when people on the net here tell other people to stop wasting time on the net and just go to the gym and lift.
There are 24 hours in a day. 1 hour in the gym doesn’t take up all my time…sure you don’t want to sit in front of a computer all day, but 20-30 mins a day isn’t going to hurt.
Hell, I’ve been a member since about 2006 or something and am only at 300 posts or so. [/quote]

You are missing the point. When you have newbies reading every article and becoming so clusterfucked in the head that they are more concerned with every gram of carbs in their diet or what new program is coming out and yet look like they barely even lift… then you need to tell them to back off the internet and go lift weights.

It doesn’t help that we have authors here saying that the best way to bodybuild is by not doing isolation exercises and instead spend your time doing one legged hopping calf raises.

It is true what you say about newbies. I think when I first started I had an issue of Muscle & Fitness kicking around that said after 6 months of training you were now an intermediate and after a year, advanced. That was in 1992. I still consider myself intermediate. I never ‘grew out’ of squats, deads, bench and bb curls( when doing biceps I mean…not that those are my only 4 exercises)

I do know what you mean with some of these esoteric, strange exercises. It seems no like no matter how you try to do them…you’re likely doing it wrong.

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
maybe you wouldn’t mind if you woudln’t spend all u’re damn time on the 'net and go lift a weight once in a while[/quote]

Also, this may sound weird…but I’m surprised by how much you look like me when I was about 20.
I won’t show you how I look now…wouldn’t want to ruin your future.

[quote]Der Candy wrote:
Nards wrote:
I just wanted to add that I hate when people on the net here tell other people to stop wasting time on the net and just go to the gym and lift.
There are 24 hours in a day. 1 hour in the gym doesn’t take up all my time…sure you don’t want to sit in front of a computer all day, but 20-30 mins a day isn’t going to hurt.
Hell, I’ve been a member since about 2006 or something and am only at 300 posts or so.

You are missing the point. When you have newbies reading every article and becoming so clusterfucked in the head that they are more concerned with every gram of carbs in their diet or what new program is coming out and yet look like they barely even lift… then you need to tell them to back off the internet and go lift weights.

It doesn’t help that we have authors here saying that the best way to bodybuild is by not doing isolation exercises and instead spend your time doing one legged hopping calf raises.
[/quote]

This.
But then I do agree that a lot of people say it just to sound hardcore or whatever