T Nation

Puss in Blood? Abscess...

I injected 1cc test cyp + .3cc cotton seed oil on sunday, got the normal pain and tightness that always goes away in 3 days or less but this time the swelling stuck around a bit longer but to the back of the delt if that makes sense to anyone…

Didnt feel too hard or swollen so I went for it and upon aspiration got light colored blood, thought nothing of it, swapped pins, went again, same offset location (now im curious lol) Shot the blood out in a cotton ball and it had a yellowish almost pus tint to it a bit goopy to the touch.

What do ya guys think? Not red, not hot, feel fine. Muscles still tight from sundays shot, thinkin maybe the white blood cells there to reduce the inflamtion.

Sorry for the long post. Just want some input, Not thinking infection because no symptoms are presenting and the pus is not confirmed. Got some amoxicillin on hand just in case.

Are you sure it wasn’t just oil and blood mixed toghther. From a shallow injetion maybe?

If you think it’s any sort of infection you should get medical guidance.

This may be a very stupid question, but the cotton seed oil was sterile, correct?

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
This may be a very stupid question, but the cotton seed oil was sterile, correct?[/quote]

This was actually the first thing I thought, too, believe it or not. Hopefully just the way the OP is worded.