Pushing 40

Thanks for the comments everyone… funny about the chest shaving deal, I am not very hairy anyway but was considering it for the summer; but then several women (very hot one, too) have told me not to. Still not sure what to do there. I know it would make my chest look bigger and more defined…

It was just my opinion, and you nailed the reason why, but it doesn’t really matter what I think, always listen to the hot chick…DA!!!

Your right shoulder is lowered in all the pics. If it’s not intentional or a result of your posing for the pics, then what is it that’s causing the drop?

Traps need the most attention, and chest seems to be lagging as well. Not that I’m doubting your numbers, but you don’t seem to have the chest for a 355 bench. Maybe because you look like you only weigh 175-180. As for the shaving thing, if you’re not going to compete, then why bother?

Nice

[quote]Superman ElCid wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
you need to work on everything really.

i think youre getting some extra slack due your age. how long have you been lifting for?

I have been working out on and off for 25 years, back in the gym now for 2 years… was really fit in high school and college.

Workout during my lunch 4 days a week x 45 minutes… each bodypart once a week. It is all I can fit in to my schedule, I coach youth wrestling, baseball, and football (which ends up beig year round)when I get home from work in the evenings to spend additional time with my two boys…

this pic of me in college is what I am shooting for by the time I turn 40!!![/quote]

yea man i saw that pic and was like hmm nvm this dude is doing a lot better than i thought lol. youre doing pretty good though man. thats good youre putting in effort wherever possible, even if its just during your lunch break. 45minsx4 days a week is still good, and as long as your consistent it with it youll be fine only hard thing is you dont ahve the same metabolism now as back then.

The most noticable difference between your college pic and current one is the chest thickness. Do you remember what you did back then exercise wise? I mean, you could just do the same thing now, of course the body’s adaptation to it won’t be as good. I know My chest has always been a struggle, especially when I’m not as tight as I’d like to be, but when I diet down a bit, it actually looks thicker (I know most guys feel they look thicker when they’re a little pudgy).

S

[quote]Duke wrote:
Your right shoulder is lowered in all the pics. If it’s not intentional or a result of your posing for the pics, then what is it that’s causing the drop?[/quote]What an astute observation… I never noticed that but I have a neck injury that pops up every couple of months and I think when I pose I favor that side!

[quote]animalmj wrote:
Traps need the most attention, and chest seems to be lagging as well. Not that I’m doubting your numbers, but you don’t seem to have the chest for a 355 bench. Maybe because you look like you only weigh 175-180. As for the shaving thing, if you’re not going to compete, then why bother? [/quote]

I not very good at posing but my chest is a little bigger than the way it it looks in the front pic…

I am at 181 right now and typically stay between 175 and 180… 355 is my 1 rep max on a non-workout day. During my workouts I only go as high as 315 for about 2 to 4 reps!

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
The most noticable difference between your college pic and current one is the chest thickness. Do you remember what you did back then exercise wise? I mean, you could just do the same thing now, of course the body’s adaptation to it won’t be as good. I know My chest has always been a struggle, especially when I’m not as tight as I’d like to be, but when I diet down a bit, it actually looks thicker (I know most guys feel they look thicker when they’re a little pudgy).

S
[/quote]
I went to a Military College so I was doing over a thousand push-ups a day back then, at least my freshmen year anyway! I can still rock out over 60 without stopping!

Back then I worked out 5 days a week for an hour and a half, had PT runs a couple a days a week, and Rugby practice 4 days a week… wish I had that kind of time again to spend on fitness!!!

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

S
[/quote]

I went to a Military College so I was doing over a thousand push-ups a day back then, at least my freshmen year anyway! I can still rock out over 60 without stopping!

Back then I worked out 5 days a week for an hour and a half, had PT runs a couple a days a week, and Rugby practice 4 days a week… wish I had that kind of time again to spend on fitness!!!

dude for your age and the busy lifestyle u described you are looking pretty damn good

[quote]Superman ElCid wrote:
I was doing over a thousand push-ups a day back then
[/quote]

OK Ron Burgundy.

I kid. I kid.

[quote]FlavaDave wrote:
Superman ElCid wrote:
I was doing over a thousand push-ups a day back then

OK Ron Burgundy.

I kid. I kid.[/quote]

I love that movie…

I ain’t as good as I once was, but I am as good once as I ever was!!!

looking good overall- if your goal is to maintain a healthy body weight and some muscle- you’re there! I suppose if you want to be a competitive bodybuilder you would have to add more mass, especially your traps and upper chest, as well as forearms. I won’t comment on your “advanced age”, as i am even older!
Paul

If you went to a military college, you should still be in the military right. Or did you just do your required time and get out? You should have been an officer and had what a 3-4 year committment? You should have stayed in and then you would have had the time for PT, HA HA

[quote]Dragon187 wrote:
If you went to a military college, you should still be in the military right. Or did you just do your required time and get out? You should have been an officer and had what a 3-4 year committment? You should have stayed in and then you would have had the time for PT, HA HA[/quote] You are right… I should have gone in the military and then I would be approaching retirement soon! My old room mate is a Commander in the Navy and could retire in 3 years. You have the option to sign a contract your Junior year, even though you go through 4 years of military classes (ROTC) and all the military training as a Cadet. About 38% of my graduating class took their commission. But then with a military career there is a lot of time you sacrifice away from your family and you can’t put a price on time with your kids!!!

What is your diet like?

[quote]Khronos wrote:
What is your diet like?[/quote]
breakfast- English muffin with peanut butter, 16 oz skim milk
10:30-Protein shake mixed with skim milk, granola bar
12:00-workout
post-workout-Protein shake mixed with skim milk
4:00-fruit or other snack
evening- sensible dinner

weekends- sensible but do cheat

just add cardio to get lean…

Good back width, but everything else looks average to me in full-body shots.