Pushing 40

I am 39 and would like to hear some comments on areas of my physique that need improvement… not looking to compete or anything just want to turn some heads!!!

nice lats, but you’re gonna get flamed real fast if you don’t post back/leg shots.

Maybe it’s the posing, but it seems like traps and chest are lacking.

Looking good though.

Good look, definetly tell you train and you are fairly lean. Good job.

you need more chest/delt/trap thickness

Thanks for the contructive comments… here’s legs which is the only picture I had around right now

Back…

more back…

What are your lift #'s?

Deadlift, squat, chins, military press, etc.

You look well balanced overall. I would focus on traps and arms.

Oh, if you’re really looking to just turn heads (women’s heads I hope), then forget about muscles except for your abs. Sad, but true.

you need to work on everything really.

i think youre getting some extra slack due your age. how long have you been lifting for?

[quote]Kruiser wrote:
You look well balanced overall. I would focus on traps and arms.

Oh, if you’re really looking to just turn heads (women’s heads I hope), then forget about muscles except for your abs. Sad, but true.[/quote]

I need to put some height on my bi’s… my arms are between 17-1/2 and 17-3/4 inches. But my tris are almost too big in relation to the bis.

Any suggestions on exercises to add height… doing ez bar curls, seated hammer db curls, incline seated db curls and pullups (palms turned in)…

here’s the tris…

[quote]FlavaDave wrote:
What are your lift #'s?

Deadlift, squat, chins, military press, etc.[/quote]

These are workout numbers…

Squats- 325 x 8

Chins- wide grip do 18, 16, 14, 12 to the front, bodyweight only

Bench- 355 x 1

Military press- dumbells 85x 10
bar to front 155 x 10

Dips- bodyweight full 35 without stopping

Seated hammer curls- 50 x 12

I stay away from heavyweights and certain exercises due to ole injuries…

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
you need to work on everything really.

i think youre getting some extra slack due your age. how long have you been lifting for?[/quote]

I have been working out on and off for 25 years, back in the gym now for 2 years… was really fit in high school and college.

Workout during my lunch 4 days a week x 45 minutes… each bodypart once a week. It is all I can fit in to my schedule, I coach youth wrestling, baseball, and football (which ends up beig year round)when I get home from work in the evenings to spend additional time with my two boys…

this pic of me in college is what I am shooting for by the time I turn 40!!!

Everything looks pretty good. You just need to add some size to your traps and chest and invest in a good razor. in other words…lose the vagina on your chest.

Sorry dude, but shaving anything other than your face or head = vagina.

You look really good man, the rating around here is bunk. I wouldn’t put much stock in it.

I think you look pretty damn good and have pretty decent lifts to match. Great job and keep it up till 50 and beyond.

D

i’d second all the opinions here about lifts, and nice overall physique. more size on the chest, traps, could help. arms seem fine at 17"+ (that always seemed big to me). back is nice as well.