Push-Ups Best For Chest?

[quote]Mr. Push Ups wrote:

i don’t know how you put on muscle, but i use bulking cycles.
[/quote]

Bulking cycles? You just told me you don’t train for size or strength? So which is it? Quit lying or quit getting caught, moron.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Whoops my bad. Looks like Mr. Pushups bulked up to 180 in a week. Amazing how that happens.[/quote]

Your another trolling elite with unlimited benefits. On both of the threads i’m on today. you have added not one comment to the topic & managed to add three insults. The moderators handed you the troll free pass again today.

well i’m smart as any guy and have a
question. beacause i’m confused,
push-ups are they worth adding for
exercise?, and are they beneficial or not? and what muscles do they hit other
then the chest? what do they build or not build?

Barton

Jack Strummer wrote:

Unless you have photo proof of this “double bodyweight bench” and “over 100 push-ups” then shut the fuck up. Don’t make claims if you cannot back them up.

Thanks for the compliment, I doubted you could top my measly achievements.

Next.[/quote]

You are so full of shit it in unreal.

You claim you have 18" biceps and a huge chest.

You weigh 177 pounds at 5% bf as of yesterday.

Last week you weighed 170 pounds.

Today you changed your profile to 180 pounds at 6% bf.

You are still not even close to being heavy enough to have 18" biceps.

How could we believe anything you say when you can’t even keep your story straight?

FightinIrish26 wrote:
Whoops my bad. Looks like Mr. Pushups bulked up to 180 in a week. Amazing how that happens.

Your another trolling elite with unlimited benefits. On both of the threads i’m on today. you have added not one comment to the topic & managed to add three insults.
[/quote]
Because you are a fucking tool.

Oh is that four insults now? Cause I don’t give a shit. When the mods catch on to your agitating shit (which I think they already have), you’ll be gone.

You ass.

[quote]bartonmlee wrote:
well i’m smart as any guy and have a
question. beacause i’m confused,
push-ups are they worth adding for
exercise?, and are they beneficial or not? and what muscles do they hit other
then the chest? what do they build or not build?

Barton[/quote]

Yes they are a great exercise. They work your chest, triceps, delts, and most of your upper body. Weighted pushups are even better.

However, they are not excellent mass builders. Guys who do alot of pushups look like…well, guys that do alot of pushups. You don’t get to be really massive unless you are doing some kind of resistance like benching or pressing (I know Olympic gymnasts do it without weights blah blah blah).

So if you want muscular endurance, do alot of pushups. If you want to get bigger and stronger, bench and press.

[quote]Jack Strummer wrote:
Mr. Push Ups wrote:

From doing push ups, i’ve managed to bench double my weight. Not even looking for strength & trying to bulk. strength was a side effect.

Then why were you doing push-ups? You’re full of shit, either prove it or shut the fuck up. We don’t care for bullshit stats 'round here, pussy.

I’m interested to know how much you weigh, max bench, and can max push up in a set. i doubt you are beating my achievments by much, and your trying for strength and size gains. I put on 40lbs of muscle without the use of steroids or by doing bodybuilding standards.

I’m interested in hearing YOUR real stats aswell. No one can attain a double bodyweight bench without training it, anyone can tell you that.

I beat your achievements like they owe me money you crossfit queer. I put on 75lbs WITH bodybuilding parameters, and that’s the real shit, not your bullshit push-up bulking-internet lies- crossfit crap stats.

I doubt you have the balls to throw a 100lb back pack on on try doing a “Flying Push Up”, or "rolling dumbbell push up. that exercise is posted all over this site by me. I’ve been benching for 20 year. Have you even bothered to try another’s exercise before concluding that it doesnt work?

Rolling dumbbell pushup? Benching for “20 year”??? Oh shut the fuck up. This is just getting bad. Where the fuck are all of the men when you need them??? Prof? Randman? Rainjack? Massif? ANYONE? I’m tired of frying this little bitch… It’s just getting sad. There’s only so much ignorance I can sit back and make fun of, this is pushing my limits.

You need to quit stroaking your ego or post some damn images.
[/quote]

You are the toughest guy across the screen, i’d love to see how your mouth runs face to face. Go do some roids pussyboy, when the next outburst comes, come find me, i dont battle with a keyboard, i like to get in the ring

The only sling your good at is throwin insults around. I’d like to see you in the ring and see if you can back up that mouth.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Mr. Push Ups wrote:
Jack Strummer wrote:

Unless you have photo proof of this “double bodyweight bench” and “over 100 push-ups” then shut the fuck up. Don’t make claims if you cannot back them up.

Next.

How could we believe anything you say when you can’t even keep your story straight?[/quote]

175 is lowest i’ve been able to reach in the last 2 yeras, which part of that do you not understand
i got down to 175 in january
i havn’t weighed 170 in 3 or 4 years

I think Mr Push Up Bra is the coach nitwit from crossfit.

You are the toughest guy across the screen, i’d love to see how your mouth runs face to face. Go do some roids pussyboy, when the next outburst comes, come find me, i dont battle with a keyboard, i like to get in the ring

The only sling your good at is throwin insults around. I’d like to see you in the ring and see if you can back up that mouth. [/quote]
Looks like I got under your skin. You can no longer argue so you threaten me. Halarious.

Jack… ONE, crossfit queer… ZERO.

Mr. Push Ups wrote:
Jack Strummer wrote:

Next.

How could we believe anything you say when you can’t even keep your story straight?[/quote]

BINGO, finally another T-man has entered the thread. Me and Irish have been fending for the manhood of this site for the past few hours, good to see some testosterone in here. The estrogen levels of this pussy push-up panzy were begining to annoy me.

A couple hours?

Shit. It’s about time some backup arrived!

Mr. Push Ups wrote:

The only sling your good at is throwin insults around. I’d like to see you in the ring and see if you can back up that mouth.
Looks like I got under your skin. You can no longer argue so you threaten me. Halarious.

Jack… ONE, crossfit queer… ZERO.

[/quote]

I simply stated that your tough guy insults arn’t gonna win any contest, if you wann abeat me, its gonna have to be in the ring
nothing persoanl, i’ll shake hands afterwords.
good clean fun.
unless you’re too much off a pussy to back up your big mouth, then I understand.

go troll again-
either get in the ring with me, or troll someone else.
i dont battle over the internet

175 is lowest i’ve been able to reach in the last 2 yeras, which part of that do you not understand
i havn’t weighed 170 in 3 or 4 years[/quote]

I don’t understand how you claim to have 18" biceps and a big chest at 177 or 180 pounds.

Do you have legs?

I simply stated that your tough guy insults arn’t gonna win any contest, if you wann abeat me, its gonna have to be in the ring
nothing persoanl, i’ll shake hands afterwords.
good clean fun.
unless you’re too much off a pussy to back up your big mouth, then I understand.

[/quote]

What do you mean? Is this some kind of kinkey cybersex, role playing pick-up attempt?

Get’s in the ring with the crossfit queer

Is that what you wanted? To roleplay fight me in “the ring” or whatever you geeks call it.

This is a bodybuilding site, build or fuck off.

How do you… “troll someone”???

You’ve been "battle"ing me all day, moron. You’re all out of gas so you want to put a quick end to the arguement while still keeping your honor. Pithetic if ya ask me.

Oh boys,
will you stop this, please?

The question was, which push up is best (for chest development)-
So why do you have a problem if some guy, for whom apperently PUs worked just fine, steps forward and gets into the details of his favorite exercise?

You can always deny his claims, but then I ask myself if a forum is of any use since you can just doubt anything.

If you believe that he is a jerk, go ahead, but please keep it short and leave the thread intact, 'kay?

To answer some questions:
Pushups target mainly the pectoralis major. Secondary, the triceps, the pectoralis minor and the deltoid anterior are involved.
The following muscles play a lesser role:
abs, lat, traps & serratus anterior.

While your pecs will always be fatigued, it varies from athlete to athlete to which extent and order the “secondary” set of muscles will be targeted.
The involvement of the last mentioned group (abs, lat, traps & serratus) will vary greatly.
I, for instance, have about zero benefit for my neck while my lats got pretty huge from PUs.

While I find pushups to be a great asset to any training, it is my understanding that building mass would be easier with benchpressing.
But keep in mind that bodybuilding is not an exact science (at least not today)and what works for one guy doesn’t have to work for another.
But hey, what do I know?

Any more questions?

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:

I, for instance, have about zero benefit for my neck while my lats got pretty huge from PUs.

[/quote]
You mean to tell me, you actually expected to increase your neck size with push-ups? Your lats got “pretty huge”??? Get real, push-ups don’t target the lats. The lats play a stabalizing role in bench pressing, and little-to-NO role in push-ups, deffinately not enough to make them grow. If they did, everyone in the military would be huge after bootcamp. They would all have huge necks, “pretty huge” lats, gigantic pecs, and huge triceps. Biceps also help stabalize your body, did your’s get “pretty huge” aswell? I know whenever my back grows my biceps do aswell.

If you guys are right, everyone at westside should just stop benching and hammering their triceps, pecs, delts, traps, and lats every ME and DE day of the week. INSTEAD they should just do 100 push-ups… Make sense? Fuck no! Weight training beats the shit out of any bodyweight movement in terms of strength, size, and time it takes to see results.

Mr. Push Ups wrote:

i havn’t weighed 170 in 3 or 4 years

I don’t understand how you claim to have 18" biceps and a big chest at 177 or 180 pounds.

Do you have legs?[/quote]

no!

and I aint measuring them. my calves are huge, but my thighs are small as hell.

[quote]vroom wrote:
I think Mr Push Up Bra is the coach nitwit from crossfit.[/quote]

Wow…ya know what,he did start trolling around about the same time as all that shit was going on…

If you guys are right, everyone at westside should just stop benching and hammering their triceps, pecs, delts, traps, and lats every ME and DE day of the week. INSTEAD they should just do 100 push-ups… Make sense? Fuck no! Weight training beats the shit out of any bodyweight movement in terms of strength, size, and time it takes to see results.
[/quote]

Bench for max strength, use max loading
3x8
5x5
6x6
…and so on
push up variations for everything else, endurance, increased capalaries, time under tension & high frequency for hypertrophy, muscle hardening, and push up flying for contracting, added resistance, CNS, Balance, Stabilizers, Athletic movement…etc…etc…etc

its not rocket science

NEXT