Push-Ups Best For Chest?

Vary your hand and foot postion when you do them. Wide, narrow, incline, decline, etc. Hit 'em from all angles. Pushups may not be the best strength or size builders, but they will definitely increase your endurance.

[quote]Lift4Life wrote:
I’ve always thought the same, but I like working out with weights, deadlifts, squats, olympic lifts. However, I didn’t know if you could go into further detail with your statement that when something like…you get more coordination with push-ups.[/quote]

Pushups work pretty much your entire body, at least the front. Feel all the tension in your body when you do a pushup? Hell, they even exercise your toes!!

When you fight, your body has to function as a unit. Benching isolates your upper body – how often do you fight or do any sport like that?

Benching WILL develop your upper body, no question of that. But, I’ve observed huge guys get absolutely hammered by wiry guys who weigh much less. Their bodies were trained to function as a unit. Benching unbalances the body IMO.

The best way to bench is to use it when your bodyweight is not enough. But remember, no sport except powerlifting uses this movement for anything (except MMA, when you’re in the mount, but even then, try striking with weak abs. LOL!)

[quote]drew6 wrote:
push-ups really aren’t great for chest-development. However, if this is an issue of lack of equipment, I’d say do one-arm push-ups if you are able.[/quote]

don’t take advice from someone who can’t do push ups, doesn’t do push ups, and doesn’t know a thing about developing a chest.

I can bench press double my weight and perform push ups in sets of 100. I doubt this poster can match those feats. If he can better them, take his advice.

Follow the source.

[quote]Mr. Push Ups wrote:
drew6 wrote:
push-ups really aren’t great for chest-development. However, if this is an issue of lack of equipment, I’d say do one-arm push-ups if you are able.

don’t take advice from someone who can’t do push ups, doesn’t do push ups, and doesn’t know a thing about developing a chest.

I can bench press double my weight and perform push ups in sets of 100. I doubt this poster can match those feats. If he can better them, take his advice.

Follow the source. [/quote]
LOL Have fun with your pushups, crossfit pussy. To those of you who want to build up a great chest, lying cable flies with ancle cuffs on your wrists are great. Lot’s and lots of heavy wide-grip benches, partial reps are nice aswell.

Most of it will be a combination of heavy pushing and some type of fly movement.

[quote]Jack Strummer wrote:
Mr. Push Ups wrote:
drew6 wrote:
push-ups really aren’t great for chest-development. However, if this is an issue of lack of equipment, I’d say do one-arm push-ups if you are able.

Follow the source.
LOL Have fun with your pushups, crossfit pussy. To those of you who want to build up a great chest, lying cable flies with ancle cuffs on your wrists are great. Lot’s and lots of heavy wide-grip benches, partial reps are nice aswell.

Most of it will be a combination of heavy pushing and some type of fly movement.
[/quote]

J is the only pussy here, this pussy doesnt even do that exercise & its a good chest exercise; another variation of a dumbbell fly with better results, thats a Waterbury type Chest blasting exercise, and guess what chads other exercise is, oh yeah its slide push ups

so much for your push up theory J

[quote]drew6 wrote:
push-ups really aren’t great for chest-development. However, if this is an issue of lack of equipment, I’d say do one-arm push-ups if you are able.[/quote]

Not only are you ignorant, but you are also very ignorant. For two years before I had access to a weight room, from 7th to 8th grade, I would do as many pushups as i could each night. After about a year, all my friends started noticing how big my chest was. I definitely had the biggest one in my school, and all i did was one set to failure of pushups every night. I haven’t done them for a while, but I think I’m gonna incorporate some into my workouts to add some explosive speed to my pushing.

The more of an incline, the easier they are to do. Decline, they get more difficult.

Handclap pushups are great for building explosive strength.

I like pushups, just don’t neglect proper heavy bench work.

???

Yeah, well, when I was in grades 3-6 I played tag a lot at recess and…

[…scratching out own eyes…]

[quote]vroom wrote:
For two years before I had access to a weight room, from 7th to 8th grade, I would do as many pushups as i could each night.

???

[…scratching out own eyes…][/quote]

Vroom get lost, you’re not helping you troll

That was a good post of a younger guy that benefited from push ups

go work on your social life, yours only seems to be in a forum

get out of your house and go to a club &
meet some women! for cryin’ out loud your dissing the jr high & high scholl kids for working out

get a life!
come ome

J is the only pussy here, this pussy doesnt even do that exercise & its a good chest exercise; another variation of a dumbbell fly with better results, thats a Waterbury type Chest blasting exercise, and guess what chads other exercise is, oh yeah its slide push ups

so much for your push up theory J[/quote]

Dude… Do you even read your posts before you hit the “submit” button? What push up theory? What about CW? What about push-ups? They suck ass. Everyone knows heavy is the way to go when adding mass. Push-ups just aren’t enough to build real muscle (beyond newbie gains). I think you need to head back to the teen bodybuilding sites, you don’t fit in here. You’re a complete fucking moron with no grasp of the bodybuilding concept.

Go run a mile, do your push-ups, do your sit-ups, and remain the skinny bitch that you are.

Unless you have photo proof of this “double bodyweight bench” and “over 100 push-ups” then shut the fuck up. Don’t make claims if you cannot back them up.

[quote]vroom wrote:
For two years before I had access to a weight room, from 7th to 8th grade, I would do as many pushups as i could each night.

???

[…scratching out own eyes…][/quote]

haha.

Pushups when you’re young is understandable. Of course, then most of us found the “Weight Room” in high school…

Pushups get you huge. That’s why Mr.Pushups is a huuugggeeee 170. Proof is right there.

Whoops my bad. Looks like Mr. Pushups bulked up to 180 in a week. Amazing how that happens.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Whoops my bad. Looks like Mr. Pushups bulked up to 180 in a week. Amazing how that happens.[/quote]

180? Wow he’s huge, for the 8th grader he is. I bet he has the biggest chest in his school!!!

Mr. Push Ups wrote:

so much for your push up theory J

Dude… Do you even read your posts before you hit the “submit” button? What push up theory? What about CW? What about push-ups? They suck ass. Everyone knows heavy is the way to go when adding mass. Push-ups just aren’t enough to build real muscle (beyond newbie gains). I think you need to head back to the teen bodybuilding sites, you don’t fit in here. You’re a complete fucking moron with no grasp of the bodybuilding concept.

Go run a mile, do your push-ups, do your sit-ups, and remain the skinny bitch that you are.

Unless you have photo proof of this “double bodyweight bench” and “over 100 push-ups” then shut the fuck up. Don’t make claims if you cannot back them up.[/quote]

Funny J

From doing push ups, i’ve managed to bench double my weight. Not even looking for strength & trying to bulk. strength was a side effect.

I’m interested to know how much you weigh, max bench, and can max push up in a set. i doubt you are beating my achievments by much, and your trying for strength and size gains. I put on 40lbs of muscle without the use of steroids or by doing bodybuilding standards.

I doubt you have the balls to throw a 100lb back pack on & try doing a “Flying Push Up”, or "rolling dumbbell push up. that exercise is posted all over this site by me. I’ve been benching for 20 years. Have you even bothered to try another’s exercise before concluding that it doesn’t work?

Whoops my bad. Looks like Mr. Pushups bulked up to 180 in a week. Amazing how that happens.[/quote]

more like a month,
and i’ll be 190 by april and close to 10% bodyfat. i’ll keep bulking til i hit 200, then cut back as much as i can.

dont worry bout my program, worry bout your own

vroom wrote:

???

[…scratching out own eyes…]

haha.

Pushups when you’re young is understandable. Of course, then most of us found the “Weight Room” in high school…

Pushups get you huge. That’s why Mr.Pushups is a huuugggeeee 170. Proof is right there.[/quote]

i haven’t been able to hit 170 in 2 years, the lowest i got was 175
170 i would almost be a cadaver.

i don’t know how you put on muscle, but i use bulking cycles.

Please… do not feed the troll.

Unless you have photo proof of this “double bodyweight bench” and “over 100 push-ups” then shut the fuck up. Don’t make claims if you cannot back them up.[/quote]

Thanks for the compliment, I doubted you could top my measly achievements.

Next.

[quote]AgentOrange wrote:
Please… do not feed the troll.[/quote]

Troll post, read above.

Has no comment on this topic in this thread. I have several. Scroll up & there are my comments on push ups.

From doing push ups, i’ve managed to bench double my weight. Not even looking for strength & trying to bulk. strength was a side effect.

[/quote]

Then why were you doing push-ups? You’re full of shit, either prove it or shut the fuck up. We don’t care for bullshit stats 'round here, pussy.

I’m interested in hearing YOUR real stats aswell. No one can attain a double bodyweight bench without training it, anyone can tell you that.

I beat your achievements like they owe me money you crossfit queer. I put on 75lbs WITH bodybuilding parameters, and that’s the real shit, not your bullshit push-up bulking-internet lies- crossfit crap stats.

Rolling dumbbell pushup? Benching for “20 year”??? Oh shut the fuck up. This is just getting bad. Where the fuck are all of the men when you need them??? Prof? Randman? Rainjack? Massif? ANYONE? I’m tired of frying this little bitch… It’s just getting sad. There’s only so much ignorance I can sit back and make fun of, this is pushing my limits.

You need to quit stroaking your ego or post some damn images.