Push-up Plus/Scapula Push-ups

Hey i have really poor scapula control because of too much bench press and weak serratus anterior and lower trapezius which means i can’t do excercises like barbell rows.

My physio told me to strengthen my serratus anterior with scapula push ups on my elbows andknees and i’ve been doing these for a few days and feel nothing getting worked, do i have to allow my chest to sink or actually forcefully bring my shoulder blades together?

[quote]amjrules2 wrote:
Hey i have really poor scapula control because of too much bench press and weak serratus anterior and lower trapezius which means i can’t do excercises like barbell rows.

My physio told me to strengthen my serratus anterior with scapula push ups on my elbows andknees and i’ve been doing these for a few days and feel nothing getting worked, do i have to allow my chest to sink or actually forcefully bring my shoulder blades together?[/quote]

All the movement is coming through the scaplua; the exercise is basically a row, without elbow flexion. Your arms are locked (or at least, they don’t move during the exercise) and your chest ‘sinks’ as you focus on retracting your shoulder blades.