Push, Pull, Leg Split

Hi CT,

After much careful thinking I have decided to put off starting the layer system until I can afford a full either anaconda or plazma protocol to ensure when I do start the system gets the results and reputation it deserves.

So what I have decided to stick to is a older training split of yours a push, pull, leg split.

I am unable to access the old live spills anymore but does this split look ok?

push day:

1. Push press 6,6,6,3,2,1
    2, Bench press 6,6,6,3,2,1
  2. Dips 4x8
  3. Strength Capacity work

Pull day:

1. Sumo dead (until I get the dead squat) 6,6,6,3,2,1
  2. High pull 6,6,6,3,3,3 (with shrug iso hold before each set)
  3. Dead start row 8,8,8,3,3,3
  4. Strength Capacity Work

Leg day:

1. Squat 6,6,6,3,3,3
  2. Power cleans from blocks 6,6,6,3,3,3
  3. Bulgarian split squats 4x8

Will this program be ok until I can afford plazma and finally give the layer system ago.

Thankyou for your time

[quote]Hull2012 wrote:
Hi CT,

After much careful thinking I have decided to put off starting the layer system until I can afford a full either anaconda or plazma protocol to ensure when I do start the system gets the results and reputation it deserves.

So what I have decided to stick to is a older training split of yours a push, pull, leg split.

I am unable to access the old live spills anymore but does this split look ok?

push day:

1. Push press 6,6,6,3,2,1
    2, Bench press 6,6,6,3,2,1
  2. Dips 4x8
  3. Strength Capacity work
    [/quote]

The 6,6,6,3,2,1 system was decent, but after experimenting I found that starting with the strength work is best. so 3/2/1/6/6/6 would work better. Other than that I like the choice of exercises and I feel that doing the overhead work before the bench press is a smart move as it seems to make the shoulders more stable during the bench.

I’d go VERY easy on the strength capacity work, if one thing leads to slower progress it’s abusing that form of training.

[quote]Hull2012 wrote:
Pull day:

1. Sumo dead (until I get the dead squat) 6,6,6,3,2,1
  2. High pull 6,6,6,3,3,3 (with shrug iso hold before each set)
  3. Dead start row 8,8,8,3,3,3
  4. Strength Capacity Work
    [/quote]

The sumo dead (or Dead-Squat) doesn’t belong on that day. While is is a ‘pull’ it is more a lower body exercise than a back exercise. So these belong to the leg day.

Same comment regarding the 6,6,6,3,2,1 as above.

Do not do sets of less than 5 reps on any type of rows, it just doesn’t work well with maximal weights.

[quote]Hull2012 wrote:
Leg day:

1. Squat 6,6,6,3,3,3
  2. Power cleans from blocks 6,6,6,3,3,3
  3. Bulgarian split squats 4x8
    [/quote]

I’d put the power clean from blocks on the pull day and the sumo or Dead-Squat on the leg day.

Same comment re: 6,6,6,3,2,1

Thanks CT. Two questions,

If im going to do any amount of strength capacity work would I be better to leave the 3rd movement out e.g. on push day just perform push press and bench then perform SC work with those two?

and

Would you suggest performing both power cleans and high pulls on a pull day then? Could you suggest how to lay out my pull day?

Many Thanks again

[quote]Hull2012 wrote:
Thanks CT. Two questions,

If im going to do any amount of strength capacity work would I be better to leave the 3rd movement out e.g. on push day just perform push press and bench then perform SC work with those two?[/quote]

If you decide to do strength capacity work using two exercises, goign back-and-forth, I’d leave out the 3rd exercise and do a complex of push press and dips for strength capacity.

[quote]Hull2012 wrote:
Would you suggest performing both power cleans and high pulls on a pull day then? Could you suggest how to lay out my pull day?

Many Thanks again [/quote]

Yes, that’s what I’d do…

1. Power clean from blocks 3,2,1,6,6,6
  2. Snatch grip high pulls from blocks 3,2,1,6,6,6
  3. Dead-Squat row 4 x 6=-8

Thanks CT,

One last question:

Would you change this in any way if the focus was improving my mid stance sumo deadlift.(I feel the sumo deadlift will have a greater effect on my body than conventional).

Would a simple layout like this do for leg day bearing in mind the amount of posterior chain work I get on pull day?:

1. Sumo deadlift 3,2,1,6,6,6
  2. Leg Press 3,2,1,6,6,6
  3. Bulgarian split squat

or is there a better exercise selection for this focus?

Many Thanks again

[quote]Hull2012 wrote:
Thanks CT,

One last question:

Would you change this in any way if the focus was improving my mid stance sumo deadlift.(I feel the sumo deadlift will have a greater effect on my body than conventional).

Would a simple layout like this do for leg day bearing in mind the amount of posterior chain work I get on pull day?:

1. Sumo deadlift 3,2,1,6,6,6
  2. Leg Press 3,2,1,6,6,6
  3. Bulgarian split squat

or is there a better exercise selection for this focus?

Many Thanks again [/quote]

The exercise selection would work, but I find that leg press does work well with very low reps. Ses of 6-8 seems to work better on that exercise.

Ever thought of doing some higher reps after, say take a two minite rest, and go for 12, 15, 20, or even 30 all out controlled explosive reps.

Wayne

Apologies for asking so many qu’s. Im just trying to get enough information so that I can go away and make my own, well informed and educated decisions.

What would be your choice of leg day exercises if you didn’t have access to a dead squat or trap bar yet?

and

Would there be anyway of intergrating low pulls or clean pulls into my pull day?

Many Thanks

[quote]waynelucky2 wrote:

Ever thought of doing some higher reps after, say take a two minite rest, and go for 12, 15, 20, or even 30 all out controlled explosive reps.

Wayne[/quote]

No. I’ve never been a high rep guy. It has never worked for me or most of my clients and I find it too boring which diminishes my motivation to train and as a result it would lead to worse workouts and less stimulation.