T Nation

Push/Pull Imbalance

Need your opinions: How much do high rack lockouts and top end board presses contribute to the horizontal push/pull imbalance??

[quote]jdiancin wrote:
Need your opinions: How much do high rack lockouts and top end board presses contribute to the horizontal push/pull imbalance??[/quote]

I might be missing something here…what the hell are you talking about?

Are you talking end of range pulling and end of range pushing

This has the makings of quite a thoughtful question…you’re just not there yet.

[quote]ManMeat wrote:
jdiancin wrote:
Need your opinions: How much do high rack lockouts and top end board presses contribute to the horizontal push/pull imbalance??

I might be missing something here…what the hell are you talking about?

Are you talking end of range pulling and end of range pushing

This has the makings of quite a thoughtful question…you’re just not there yet.
[/quote]

You have 2.43% body fat? Uhhhh okay…

[quote]BoxBabaX wrote:
ManMeat wrote:
jdiancin wrote:
Need your opinions: How much do high rack lockouts and top end board presses contribute to the horizontal push/pull imbalance??

I might be missing something here…what the hell are you talking about?

Are you talking end of range pulling and end of range pushing

This has the makings of quite a thoughtful question…you’re just not there yet.

You have 2.43% body fat? Uhhhh okay…
[/quote]
Must be one cranky fella. Or a zombie.

I’m talking about the shoulder imbalance that people get when they overemphasize horizontal pushing (i.e. bench pressing) and underemphasize horizontal pulling (i.e. bent over row). When people try to correct this, they usually try to cut down on the volume of pushing and drastically increase the volume of pulling.

Okay, so to clarify my question - “does top end tricep work (i.e. rack lockouts and high board presses) contribute to this shoulder imbalance, or can they not be even considered since the range of motion is so small?”