Push Pull Back Program

CT, You had laid out a Push/Pull/Back program that utilized a 6,6,6,3,2,1 set/rep scheme for the main push/pull lifts somewhere in the 2009-2012 years. I don’t believe it was a formal T Nation article, but possibly in a forum or live spill response. I can’t seem to find it anymore, but it was by far my favorite routine and I’d like to implement it again if possible. Any chance you could point me in the right direction on this?
Thank you.

Here’s a pertinent comment

Not sure if the exercises there match exactly what you were after though but it gives you a string to start pulling at.

And if you Google thibarmy “6,6,6,3,2,1” you get a scribd link that seems pertinent. There were a few other posts on the forum related to this that seems to indicate it was during a live spill.

I recommend using the search function, using Coach’s username as part of your query and “6,6,6,3,2,1”.

I also recommend variations thereof,

• 6, 6, 6, 3, 2, 1
  • 6/6/6/3/2/1
  • 3/2/1/6/6/6

I don’t want to do that querying for you though as this didn’t really pique my own interest.

If you manage to figure out the URL of the livespill (I wasn’t around back then so I have no ideas to contribute) you could maybe use Wayback Machine to see it. Or maybe @Chris_Colucci would know

The Livespills were more along the line of IMs, not like blog entries, so they’re long-since gone.

I did find this relatively more recent post from CT about 666321: “6/6/6/3/2/1 is similar in that the sets of 3/2/1 are the heavy sets, the sets of 6 are conservative. They would use around 70-75% depending on the lift.”

It’s a set/rep scheme that you should be able to use with any strength-focused split (one, possibly two, main lifts per day).

1 Like