Push Press; Stuck

Hey,

I’ve been an avid follower of your layer system for some time now;

1RM; 790%; 3*4,4,3,3,2,2,1,1 70%; 5 hold for 5-> * 50%; 83 *50%

Every other lift is still going up, but my push press is stalled out. Everything bar the 1RM is going up, which is frustrating as hell. Stuck on 125kg…is there a “shock” layer system that will kick it out of its hole?

Thanks, layer system has me hooked as it’s visible progress (1 more rep or kg) every gym day.

I think the answer is not the layer system. When you used it for a longer time, maybe its time to mix it up and use another apptoache with more exercises …

[quote]Voluminous wrote:
Hey,

Every other lift is still going up, but my push press is stalled out. Everything bar the 1RM is going up, which is frustrating as hell. Stuck on 125kg…is there a “shock” layer system that will kick it out of its hole?

Thanks, layer system has me hooked as it’s visible progress (1 more rep or kg) every gym day.[/quote]

Can you video your push press? The answer might be in adding some work to fix a weakness.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[quote]Voluminous wrote:
Hey,

Thanks, layer system has me hooked as it’s visible progress (1 more rep or kg) every gym day.[/quote]

Can you video your push press? The answer might be in adding some work to fix a weakness.[/quote]

Shall do, it’s front squat tonight - then push press tomorrow.

[quote]Voluminous wrote:

[quote]Voluminous wrote:
Hey,

Can you video your push press? The answer might be in adding some work to fix a weakness.[/quote]

Shall do, it’s front squat tonight - then push press tomorrow. [/quote]

I have a few tricks up my sleeves. A Crossfit guy I’m working with was stuck at 122.5kg for a long time… did 137.5kg last Friday. His partner went from 115kg to 130kg.

I have a few tricks up my sleeves. A Crossfit guy I’m working with was stuck at 122.5kg for a long time… did 137.5kg last Friday. His partner went from 115kg to 130kg.[/quote]

Great news!

As a fyi re thread (Weightlifting Warm Up Protocol): I switched to “Dave’s” jumps and it made a difference for my deadlift. I always thought you “had” to do warmups and slowwwwllyyyy get to your 1RM. This method allows me to well as he/you said take them more seriously. Generally before 80-90% my mind is jumping - as it’s so lightening quick, you keep the focus.

I used to go from 60,70,80,90,100,110,120 etc every 10 to 200. Yesterday I went; 60,100,140,180,200 aanndddd got 210 :slight_smile:

So I have very great trust in your feedback.

[quote]Voluminous wrote:

I have a few tricks up my sleeves. A Crossfit guy I’m working with was stuck at 122.5kg for a long time… did 137.5kg last Friday. His partner went from 115kg to 130kg.[/quote]

Great news!

As a fyi re thread (Weightlifting Warm Up Protocol): I switched to “Dave’s” jumps and it made a difference for my deadlift. I always thought you “had” to do warmups and slowwwwllyyyy get to your 1RM. This method allows me to well as he/you said take them more seriously. Generally before 80-90% my mind is jumping - as it’s so lightening quick, you keep the focus.

I used to go from 60,70,80,90,100,110,120 etc every 10 to 200. Yesterday I went; 60,100,140,180,200 aanndddd got 210 :slight_smile:

So I have very great trust in your feedback.
[/quote]

Bulgarians also do it this way, or did it this way back in Adbjiev’s day… to same themselves some work so that they could survive their day :slight_smile:

BTW Dave got a 150kg power jerk last friday

Bulgarians also do it this way, or did it this way back in Adbjiev’s day… to same themselves some work so that they could survive their day :slight_smile:

BTW Dave got a 150kg power jerk last friday[/quote]

Sigh…still so far to become a “strong” lifter (not equated to local gym)!

I stupidly chased a 1RM on FS via the cross arms the day before and ended up trying to shoulder raise the thing, as it went wrong; ruined my push press next day. Video is only 100kg

Skip to 11 sec… I found the video you did with one of your mentees for a program. The “ensure elbows are in a straight line” helped, as I was considering it a front squat hold which was wrong (my wrist was back to far and it was sitting to far back onto my shoulder). But any further tips would be great.