Push Press PR

I am thrilled. I finally was able to use the big plates on my push press. I tried 130lb and it was easy. Went to 135lb no problem. So I increased to 140lbs. So I hit a 15lb push press PR today :slight_smile: After benching and doing working sets with 120lbs.

1x140lb Push Press

Hellz yeah! Way to go, CVB. Walkout looked easy. I thought you had one more in you.

Good job.

Congrats!

Wow! That’s very impressive. Whenever you graduate to the big plates it’s very cool.

That was really cool to watch, thanks Claire. 15 pounds on an overhead lift is huge.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Hellz yeah! Way to go, CVB. Walkout looked easy. I thought you had one more in you.

Good job.[/quote]

Thanks wolbarret! I tried 145lb but missed. I am trying for 150lb next time. These PRs were after quite a few reps. I should be able to handle more weight if I am not already tired.

Claire

Thanks DebraD!

Ouroboro_s - Thanks :slight_smile: I love being able to use big plates.

MsM - I tried 135lb on several occasions. I think it was more my head holding me back then my strength. 135lb felt easy today. The 15 PR is just what a need to help build some confidence for my next meet.

cvb that was awesome! Very impressive!

NICE job Claire :slight_smile:

and you don’t need anything for your meet, you’re going to kick ass!!!

c.

Thanks Rhonda :slight_smile:

c. - Last weeks training was crappy so it was nice to start the week off with a major PR.

Claire

That is MOST excellent! Way to go!

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

I thought you had one more in you.

[/quote]

I thought so too. But you make it all look easy.

Good luck.

Great job. It is really great how you post videos.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
WolBarret wrote:

I thought you had one more in you.

I thought so too. But you make it all look easy.

Good luck.
[/quote]
Thanks Yo Momma! Next time more weight :slight_smile:

[quote]Jillybop wrote:
That is MOST excellent! Way to go![/quote]

Thank you!

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Great job. It is really great how you post videos. [/quote]

Thanks Zap :slight_smile: I video all my lifts. I train alone so it is a great training tool. Especially, when looking for advice on lifting with equipment.

Awesome Claire!!!

Any meets coming up?

G

[quote]GBench wrote:
Awesome Claire!!!

Any meets coming up?

G[/quote]

Thanks G! Nice to see you posting :slight_smile: I hope your training is going well. I miss following your log and stealing ideas.

I have a meet Oct 11th. Training is going well. This will be the first meet I don’t play it safe. I am excited and nervous.

Claire

Sheesh… I thought you had at least another 2 or 3 reps in ya.

Way to go and good luck!

hey!!!
How did the meet go??? you kicked a** right?

Details, I need details!
G

Thanks the savage.

The meet was okay but I should have done better.

Squat - 265lb
Bench - 200lb
Deadlift - 300lb

I was not prepared for my squat. It was a new squat suit and I was not comfortable with depth. I should have squatted 300lb. I will be training differently for the next meet.

I dropped too much water weight and my bench shirt was way too loose. I had been praticing 230lb with commands and missed 210lb at the meet. I am cutting for the next 6 weeks so that I will train below weight class. No more dropping water weight before a meet.

Deadlift was good.

I did hit two meet PRs (gym is higher) and set some records but I know I can do better.

How is your training going? Are you going to New Zealand for Worlds?

Claire

[quote]cvb wrote:
Thanks the savage.

The meet was okay but I should have done better.

Squat - 265lb
Bench - 200lb
Deadlift - 300lb

Claire[/quote]

Those numbers sound pretty good to me. And I know you can do better next time too.

How much water weight did you cut? (I know I probably shouldn’t ask a woman about her weight)