Push Press Form Critique

I posted about 5 months ago with a video of my push press. I will post it, and the new videos. I used light weight in these videos just to get the picture of how my form is. Thanks for any help.
This is the old one:

This is about 4 months ago.

Today

Also Today

What I notice is that you are actually better on the touch and go rep then on the first one. On the first rep of a set you seem less stable. My theory is that when you receive the barbell you instinctively tense up your core to absorb the weight, making you more solid. On the first rep you seem too lose/shaky.

Before starting the dip tense up your abdomen as if you were about to get punched in the stomach. And when you dip down push your knees out.

Ok thanks coach. When you say to push my knees out do you mean to the sides more or forward more?

[quote]matt_t2004 wrote:
Ok thanks coach. When you say to push my knees out do you mean to the sides more or forward more?[/quote]

To the sides. You don’t want the knees to travel too much forward. This shifts the weight to your toes and you want to stay on your heels as long as possible (at the full extension you are on your toes obviously since the heels are off the floor). Moving the knees to the side when you dip down (imagine spreading the floor appart) allow you to dip down just as low without moving your knees as forward as much. Which will allow for a straighter movement pattern and thus less wasted energy.