Pursuit of a World Record

[quote]MightyMouse17 wrote:
I’m curious what you do for assistance? Do you just use several “back off” sets for them since your volume is so high on the competition lifts?[/quote]

I do a fair amount of backoff work, it really depends what you consider accessory. I do some pause squats, some closegrip, long pause bench, floorpress once in awhile, towards a meet I’ll usually add some boards or slingshot work but very rarely is that over 100%, paused deads and block pulls. More supplemental lifts than true accessory like dbs or leg presses. I will do some upper back work if I’m not feeling too lazy to keep the shoulders healthy.

[quote]clutz15 wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]clutz15 wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Vid says it’s blocked in my country (I’m in Texas).[/quote]
Are you trying to watch it on mobile? for some reason Youtube doesn’t like when I add music to my videos.[/quote]

I am. What’s your YouTube page name? [/quote]

C Lutz. For some reason you can watch it on mobile through the link in my log (on another site) but not right on YouTube I don’t get it.[/quote]

Me either. Saw some of your vids. You’re a beast, dude. It’d be interesting to read how your training has evolved over the years. That bench is bananas.

Just great lifting. I really enjoy your intelligent training that seems to yield consistent results in all the lifts. Not sure how open you are about your training log but you might want to post a link for these guys to see how you train.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]clutz15 wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]clutz15 wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Vid says it’s blocked in my country (I’m in Texas).[/quote]
Are you trying to watch it on mobile? for some reason Youtube doesn’t like when I add music to my videos.[/quote]

I am. What’s your YouTube page name? [/quote]

C Lutz. For some reason you can watch it on mobile through the link in my log (on another site) but not right on YouTube I don’t get it.[/quote]

Me either. Saw some of your vids. You’re a beast, dude. It’d be interesting to read how your training has evolved over the years. That bench is bananas. [/quote]

Haha thanks man I appreciate it. I’m going to keep a video log which I am apparently not “allowed” to share with everyone, and I definately want to spend some time discussing things like this in a little more detail than a short typed response. If you have any specific questions I’d be more than willing to answer them as best as I can.

[quote]arramzy wrote:
Just great lifting. I really enjoy your intelligent training that seems to yield consistent results in all the lifts. Not sure how open you are about your training log but you might want to post a link for these guys to see how you train.[/quote]

I’m more than willing to share but Tnation won’t allow me to post the link to it haha. You’re one to talk considering your training and numbers have had an impact on driving me to where I am today. Still counting on lifting against you raw sometime :slight_smile:

HOLY F*CKING SHIT! You’re strong as hell! I am considered strong in your weight class and my total is like 125kg less than yours! Your bench press is extremely impressive. How old are you? Do you know what the current world record for your weight class is?

[quote]yanivgoft wrote:
HOLY F*CKING SHIT! You’re strong as hell! I am considered strong in your weight class and my total is like 125kg less than yours! Your bench press is extremely impressive. How old are you? Do you know what the current world record for your weight class is?[/quote]

I just turned 23, I’ll be an open in January. Um yes, I have the junior world record of 183kg haha. The Open world record is 192.5kg.

[quote]clutz15 wrote:

[quote]yanivgoft wrote:
HOLY F*CKING SHIT! You’re strong as hell! I am considered strong in your weight class and my total is like 125kg less than yours! Your bench press is extremely impressive. How old are you? Do you know what the current world record for your weight class is?[/quote]

I just turned 23, I’ll be an open in January. Um yes, I have the junior world record of 183kg haha. The Open world record is 192.5kg.
[/quote]
You are one stong mo’ fo’… Good luck, I have 5 years to add 300 pounds to my total while staying in the same weight class to reach you… Oh well, let us know once you smash some records :smiley:

[quote]yanivgoft wrote:

[quote]clutz15 wrote:

[quote]yanivgoft wrote:

[/quote]
You are one stong mo’ fo’… Good luck, I have 5 years to add 300 pounds to my total while staying in the same weight class to reach you… Oh well, let us know once you smash some records :smiley: [/quote]

Haha will do. You are a helluva lot stronger than I was when I was 18. Best of luck!

Just to update the thread, the meet as a whole didn’t go quite as well as I would have liked. Can’t complain about how the bench went though! Next up the open WR of 193kg.

Holy crap! That arch! I think I broke my back watching that haha. Do you always arch that hard in training?

And nice work!

Amazing!

Congrats! I look forward to seeing you lift at Nationals.

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:
Holy crap! That arch! I think I broke my back watching that haha. Do you always arch that hard in training?

And nice work![/quote]

Haha on heavy attempts ya, people always ask about my arch but I’m naturally Lordotic. Even a “flat bench” for me is probably bigger than alot of peoples arch. Plus I got some junk in the trunk that definately helps haha.

[quote]OBoile wrote:
Congrats! I look forward to seeing you lift at Nationals.[/quote]

Thanks, hopefully I can FINALLY put a complete meet together!