Pursuit of a Higher Work Capacity

FUCK OFF.

This went downhill quickly.

People should be required to post their sinclairs.

that way I can sift through bullshit faster.

I laughed when he used a 600 pound clean and jerk (which, um, HAS NEVER BEEN DONE) as an example of why o-lifters are stronger than powerlifters.

Almost made reading all that crap worthwhile.

God you’re dumb. No matter how many times people try to help you, you go and fuck shit up with your retard.

[quote]TYPE2B wrote:
ANYWAY…

My training sucks. After 5 weeks of training (with 1 deload), my deadlift strength and squatting has gone down (Not even a plateau, it actually WENT DOWN!). My pressing strength, on the other hand, have started improving.

How do I normalize the situation?

One of my theories, (and this is just my humble theory) is that since I press heavy dumbbells for Max Effort, I have to get down to pick them up… And I noticed that even though it’s not really super tough for me to deadlift the DBs, my upper back pulls them at the top (which probably made them VERY FATIGUED). Back then, my sticking point is the hole. Right now, it’s at the top half. From what I’ve heard, the top half of the lift makes you use your upper back alot… I’ve never rowed 105-110 pound DBs before, but I had to, cause that’s what I press…

So please, tell me, is that the most likely reason as to why my deadlift strength have gone down? I now train DB presses 6 days a week with max weights, but my deadlift can’t handle that. It’s still done at 5 days a week. (ANd yet, I still regressed… And you can never say that I undertrain…)[/quote]

WTF are you thinking?

I thought We Blacklisted this kid???

[quote]blackngrey609 wrote:
I thought We Blacklisted this kid???[/quote]

Me too. I thought for sure there was a petition to ban him and I swear I had him on my “ignore” list, he shows up with what I think might actually be a legitimate question and fools me into thinking he isn’t a dumbass. My only solace is that I will always be stronger than him in his own sport even though I only oly lift 1-2x per week (guess my work capacity really sucks)…

[quote]threewhitelights wrote:
blackngrey609 wrote:
I thought We Blacklisted this kid???

Me too. I thought for sure there was a petition to ban him and I swear I had him on my “ignore” list, he shows up with what I think might actually be a legitimate question and fools me into thinking he isn’t a dumbass. My only solace is that I will always be stronger than him in his own sport even though I only oly lift 1-2x per week (guess my work capacity really sucks)…[/quote]

He’s not an O-Lifter. He doesn’t have a sinclair nor does he do the classic lifts.

He is simply a jobber.

[quote]TYPE2B wrote:

As far as separating powerlifters from olympic weightlifters… that’s just retarded. The only difference between the two class of athletes is their superiority. POWERLIFTERS ARE WEAKER THAN OLYMPIC WEIGHTLIFTERS! Do you have any idea what the minimum requirements are for a weightlifter to have a 600 pound clean and jerk?

-A rock bottom front squat of atleast 774 pounds.
-A raw deadlift (with an olympic-style of pulling) of atleast 850 pounds.

How many powerlifters can do that? Seriously?[/quote]

you are a fucking idiot.

[quote]shootingman99 wrote:
TYPE2B wrote:
ANYWAY…

My training sucks. After 5 weeks of training (with 1 deload), my deadlift strength and squatting has gone down (Not even a plateau, it actually WENT DOWN!). My pressing strength, on the other hand, have started improving.

How do I normalize the situation?

One of my theories, (and this is just my humble theory) is that since I press heavy dumbbells for Max Effort, I have to get down to pick them up… And I noticed that even though it’s not really super tough for me to deadlift the DBs, my upper back pulls them at the top (which probably made them VERY FATIGUED). Back then, my sticking point is the hole. Right now, it’s at the top half. From what I’ve heard, the top half of the lift makes you use your upper back alot… I’ve never rowed 105-110 pound DBs before, but I had to, cause that’s what I press…

So please, tell me, is that the most likely reason as to why my deadlift strength have gone down? I now train DB presses 6 days a week with max weights, but my deadlift can’t handle that. It’s still done at 5 days a week. (ANd yet, I still regressed… And you can never say that I undertrain…)
[/quote]

I get the feeling htat you dont know much about lifting. Deadlifting is a wee bit more taxing that DB pressing. It uses more muscles, and is tougher on the CNS. Did you really think that it was possible for you (a total rookie biotch) to lift maximum weights in a extremely freaking tough exercise 5x a week would NOT cause a regression?

I can’t do more then 6 heavy sessions in a row without bombing…

[quote]TYPE2B wrote:
brian.m wrote:
i just see you making some similar mistakes that i have…except after a while, i did get injured…many times, and i am 100% sure that for all the time training and everything, i could and should be lightyears ahead of where i am now, if i had done things differently, i know for myself i tend to have to make my own mistakes to learn (usually many times over) but really, it doesnt make sense, so please learn from my mistakes as i’ll be paying for them the rest of my life(i have worked through and/or rehabbed a fair bit, but i really did a number on myself), because in the real world, sometimes you dont get second chances for stupidity (not saying yours, i’m referring to my own here)

The fetish of doing things my way is more pleasurable than the success that I get from doing things that are bandwagonistic.[/quote]

Respect,man!

Pursuit of a higher work capacity=work more,work,more & do more :)))