Purpose of Sugar in Surge?

Why does Surge have 45g of sugar? Is there any purpose in this?

For the insulin ‘surge’

To provide an increase in glucose in the blood post workout.

Well, just had a few thousand extra kilos of glucose in the back, and had to use them up somehow

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Well, just had a few thousand extra kilos of glucose in the back, and had to use them up somehow[/quote]

lol, damn, could have just sent it all my way

[quote]dfreezy wrote:
For the insulin ‘surge’[/quote]

Watch out for insulin rage!

Well, just had a few thousand extra kilos of glucose in the back, and had to use them up somehow[/quote]

Surge Workout Fuel?

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
Bill Roberts wrote:
Well, just had a few thousand extra kilos of glucose in the back, and had to use them up somehow

Surge Workout Fuel?[/quote]

Well, of course my comment was humorous – it’s not as if any product’s formulation has been done that way because of having too much of anything in the back.

But if you want a literal answer, on the Surge Workout Fuel, actually glucose comprises a minor percentage of the carbs. The reason is that the main purpose is sustained delivery, though some degree of instantly-available delivery is desired and present.

For the Surge Recovery, as already brought out above, more rapid delivery is the purpose and thus there is more glucose in the Surge Recovery.

Vicomte wrote:
Bill Roberts wrote:

Surge Workout Fuel?

Well, of course my comment was humorous – it’s not as if any product’s formulation has been done that way because of having too much of anything in the back.

But if you want a literal answer, on the Surge Workout Fuel, actually glucose comprises a minor percentage of the carbs. The reason is that the main purpose is sustained delivery, though some degree of instantly-available delivery is desired and present.

For the Surge Recovery, as already brought out above, more rapid delivery is the purpose and thus there is more glucose in the Surge Recovery.
[/quote]

Ha! I was just joshin’ ya, Bill.

:slight_smile:

[quote]fartmonkey64 wrote:
Why does Surge have 45g of sugar? Is there any purpose in this?[/quote]

Read ‘Nutrient Timing,’ by John Ivy. It explains workout recovery really well. It’s like 150 pages, but you’ll be infitely more knowledgeable afterward.

[quote]jbird643 wrote:
fartmonkey64 wrote:
Why does Surge have 45g of sugar? Is there any purpose in this?

Read ‘Nutrient Timing,’ by John Ivy. It explains workout recovery really well. It’s like 150 pages, but you’ll be infitely more knowledgeable afterward. [/quote]

I’m reading it now. I’ve read about half of it. For the most part I haven’t really learnt anything new, it’s boring as hell to read.

Basically the sugar helps your muscles recover faster.