Pure Muscle Mass Building

Moving from a WS4SB 3 day template and in need of a new muscle building routine for a phase of bulking where I’m looking to gain around 20 lbs until I reach 205 lbs. Not so much concerned with functional strength rather muscle mass. I still want it to include Squats, Bench, Military Press, Deadlifts, chinups etc. and maybe some dips.

Any workouts out there that still are compound movement orientated with some decent auxillary movements like the WS4SB program ? If so I’d be grateful for what has worked well for you so far and any hyperlinks to articles/sites

There’s that word again

I think you’re going to find that there is not a ‘pure’ anything. You expect to get bigger but not get stronger? Even vice versa.

Why don’t you take the exercises that you mentioned, and increase the volume over what you’re currently doing. Nothing is written in stone, but 3x8-12 is a good set/rep scheme that has worked for me.

gain 20 lbs? Hope you plan on eating in a manner that will net 20 lbs

[quote]hardgnr wrote:
There’s that word again[/quote]

hyperlinks?

Never tried it myself, but I have heard good things about Jim Wendler’s 5/3/1 program. Granted it is more strength oriented, but I believe that he has some more mass-oriented plans in his book.

All in here:
http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=370&pid=2795

Use one of Joe De Francos other programs ?

And which WS4SB did you do, his final one looks very good… or else do westside for not so sknnny bastards.

ewww. Just design your own body part split centered around those lifts. Simple and effective.

[quote]X7502 wrote:
still want it to include Squats, Bench, Military Press, Deadlifts, chinups etc. and maybe some dips.
[/quote]

Good thing you pointed this out, you know us bodybuilding types, always avoiding lifts that build strength and muscle and what not.

Your best bet is a typical 5 day bodypart split, back/chest/legs/shoulders/arms, figure out an order your body responds to best, and load up some volume. If you search around you can find a lot of good split examples with exercise selections on these forums and in some articles.

Why not do a 5x5 and try progressing with your weights instead of changing your program in another 4weeks?..

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
hardgnr wrote:
There’s that word again

hyperlinks?[/quote]

functional strength

[quote]hardgnr wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
hardgnr wrote:
There’s that word again

hyperlinks?

functional strength[/quote]

thats 2 words.

[quote]hardgnr wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
hardgnr wrote:
There’s that word again

hyperlinks?

functional strength[/quote]

functional is relative. This statement ends every argument about this ever, and also renders the word quite meaningless.

[quote]zraw wrote:
Why not do a 5x5 and try progressing with your weights instead of changing your program in another 4weeks?..[/quote]

^^^^^^ What he said^^^^^

OVT training CT wrote an article on it.

[quote]red04 wrote:
X7502 wrote:
still want it to include Squats, Bench, Military Press, Deadlifts, chinups etc. and maybe some dips.

Good thing you pointed this out, you know us bodybuilding types, always avoiding lifts that build strength and muscle and what not.

Your best bet is a typical 5 day bodypart split, back/chest/legs/shoulders/arms, figure out an order your body responds to best, and load up some volume. If you search around you can find a lot of good split examples with exercise selections on these forums and in some articles.[/quote]

this would be a very solid place to start. tweak as necessary. eat big.

[quote]300andabove wrote:
or else do westside for not so sknnny bastards.

[/quote]There exists one called that too? Got a link?
(Or was I a victim of irony or something here)

Yer it was Irony. I’ll try a different exercise selection for the WS4SB 3 day plan and then I’ll move on to the new WS4SB 4 day plan with the added dynamic effort lower body day. Thanks for help.

WSFSB III works even better if you take took out the dynamic days and make them rep (RE) days.

Stripped Down Hypertrophy?