Purchasing on the Darkweb

FWIW, going onto the dark web is not illegal, and neither is purchasing on the dark web, unless you’re purchasing something that would be illegal in any other context. In that case, if law enforcement is watching, you will have bigger problems that being on a watch list. That said, if there is a watch list of people going on the dark web or even asking about it, that must be one huge list.

Or… are you…

Well this is interesting

1 Like

Ok, I’ve been on the dark net now and didn’t see babies, body parts, or daughters of CIA operatives for sale. I’m not seeing anything more scandalous than people purporting to offer pot and mushrooms for sale (not interested in either).

I don’t wish to come off as if I’m being a dick

But if you’re really a lawyer, do you think it’s the best idea to be talking on a public forum about navagating websites selling pot and mushies?

Risk assessment my man

To be sure there is some illegal stuff there (see prior post re pot and shrooms). But it’s my understanding that much of it is not.

Not buying anything illegal! My understanding is that the illegal stuff is just one subset.

With the level of technology today, it would not surprise me in the least if they were automatically trawling through keywords and passively saving/analysing posts of suspicious individuals. Like someone making a forum post with “dark web, deep web, mushrooms, pot, PEDs, buying babies, body parts, daughters of CIA operatives” might get automatically flagged and stored away somewhere, even if you’re not actually committing a crime. Maybe this will be enough for them to start looking at your other posts/browsing history/contacts or maybe it’ll just sit there and no one will ever look at it, I don’t know.

Well, I suppose someone can do that if he/she is so inclined. They’d get bored pretty quickly. Other than drinking beer in high school and college, I haven’t been much of a law breaker.

Isn’t that already legal/decriminalized in most of the US?

Apparently these are the least harmful drugs