T Nation

Puppycide in Austin

Justice for Cisco: A Wrong Door Puppycide in Austin

Lucy Steigerwald | April 17, 2012

It can be difficult to get people to care about injustice, unless caring means "liking" on Facebook and the victim of injustice happens to be a sweet-faced, 50 pound dog.

Austin dog Cisco was shot by Officer Thomas Griffin on April 14 and the facebook page "Justice for Cisco" already has 41,000 "likes." Cisco's owner and self-described "best friend" Michael Paxton doesn't want to let this loss go without a fight and a fuss.

According to Yahoo News/Good Morning America, this is how Paxton remembers the day that Officer Griffin came to his home, responding to a report of domestic violence which turned out out to be the neighbor's house:

As [Paxton] approached his truck, he said he saw something from the corner of his eye and looked up to see a police officer who immediately drew his weapon and told Paxton to put his hands up.

"He had a Taser. He had pepper spray. I don't understand why, in broad daylight, he pulled a gun on me. I wasn't running. I wasn't hiding," Paxton told ABCNews.com today. "I was just saying, 'I live here.' I was panicking. I was afraid for my life."

Paxton said he heard Cisco, who weighed about 50 pounds, barking and coming towards him from the backyard.

"I said, 'Don't shoot him. Don't shoot my dog. He won't bite you.' But he shot him, just like that. It all happened in under 30 seconds," Paxton said. "There was no attack on the officer other than barking and challenging him."

[...]

Paxton said the officer said he was responding to a domestic issue report of a man choking a woman. Paxton does not have a girlfriend and believes the report came from his neighbor's house.

Paxton said the officer did not apologize and when his sergeant arrived, he was unsympathetic and told Paxton the officer was within his right to shoot the dog. He said he has not heard from the police since the incident.

"I was in shock for probably almost 24 hours," Paxton said, choking up. "I wasn't crying at that point, but when I picked my dog up out of the driveway, I lost it."

Thanks for posting this, I posted it on FB.

When did this happen?

Unless this sort of horrible thing happened before I thought I heard about this a few months ago.

Anyway, here’s a video of the dashboard cam…it seems like the cop asked the guy to get his dog then shot right after…then the fucking idiot cop asks the master “Why didn’t you get you dog when I told you?” WTF the guy was told to put his hands up and get his dog and the dog came out and got shot all in 3 seconds!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWqDR4c07fw

So sad.

Once again we have yet another example of police fuck-ups.

To Protect and to Serve, my ass!

Nice - the cop fucked up, was at the COMPLETELY WRONG ADDRESS, and just murdered that poor animal. And then the police are basically just like “Fuck you” to the owner…and LEO’s wonder why people fucking hate and mistrust them.

Y’all know how I think about it.

Oh Noez!!!

This is not a fuck the police thread, this is a thread to celebrate the unsung heroes of our day:

Milkmen, UPS guys, pizza delivery dudes and last but not least Jehovas Witnesses who are able to do their duty without pepper sprays, tazers, guns, backup, public employee pensions systems and the license to kill while facing 50lbs vicious killing machines like this!

Lets hear it for Al Bundie (ya, really) who gets your packages there on time in rain, wind or snow without killing puppies or air support.

A round of applause for Alan, who gets your pizza to your doorstep in 30 minutes or less, without sniper cover or tactical gear or any puppy killing whatsoever.

In case you think cops have it hard, think again:

http://tipthepizzaguy.com/stories/

Say hello to Jan and Jeff King.

Their milk delivery truck is not even armored and yet they face a suburban environment every day…

BALLS OF STEEL…

And last and kind of least, a lukewarm round of applause for the Jehovas Witnesses.

Yeah, they are kind of annoying but at least they leave your pets alone.

NOTE TO JWs: Dude and dudettes. I know, you live a spiritual and protected life and it would never dawn on you to test your livers with the Demon Rum but other people do and they kind of get unholy urges if you pester them at 8 o clock on a Saturday morning, all chipper and religious and stuff.

Some goes for Mormons.

Srsly.

While cops are killing pet dogs, some people commit suicide over losing their pets:

OK…so I can now I can get shot walking outside by cops and my dog can too…and if you’re an old veteran who accidentally presses his life alert. I guess the next story will be about someone’s grandmother getting shot down right next to them for baking “pot brownies” …that were actually just brownies.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
OK…so I can now I can get shot walking outside by cops and my dog can too…and if you’re an old veteran who accidentally presses his life alert. I guess the next story will be about someone’s grandmother getting shot down right next to them for baking “pot brownies” …that were actually just brownies.[/quote]

Dont forget ran off the road after you leave the gym and have your ass beat by an off duty cop.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
OK…so I can now I can get shot walking outside by cops and my dog can too…and if you’re an old veteran who accidentally presses his life alert. I guess the next story will be about someone’s grandmother getting shot down right next to them for baking “pot brownies” …that were actually just brownies.[/quote]

Na, grannies are safe.

The last one took a SWAT cop out because she was a hell of a shot.

Admittedly she died too, but she probably would have anyway.

[quote]orion wrote:
And last and kind of least, a lukewarm round of applause for the Jehovas Witnesses.

Yeah, they are kind of annoying but at least they leave your pets alone.

NOTE TO JWs: Dude and dudettes. I know, you live a spiritual and protected life and it would never dawn on you to test your livers with the Demon Rum but other people do and they kind of get unholy urges if you pester them at 8 o clock on a Saturday morning, all chipper and religious and stuff.

Some goes for Mormons.

Srsly. [/quote]

I lol’d. Really. JWs would kill all Tough Mudder records easily.

[quote]Nards wrote:
When did this happen?

Unless this sort of horrible thing happened before I thought I heard about this a few months ago.

Anyway, here’s a video of the dashboard cam…it seems like the cop asked the guy to get his dog then shot right after…then the fucking idiot cop asks the master “Why didn’t you get you dog when I told you?” WTF the guy was told to put his hands up and get his dog and the dog came out and got shot all in 3 seconds!

I love how the patrol officer takes his guilt out on the poor guy when he realizes his fuck up. And the lack of responsibility and lying to his supervisor was lovely too. Damn…shame.

The best part is that this pussy cop walked into this guy’s yard in broad daylight and drew down on him for doing absolutely NOTHING!

Yea, what fucking remotely justifiable reason did he have for pulling his weapon under those circumstances?

Absolutely disgusting…

As most cops will say “people are only happy to see them when there shit is in danger”. They forget they are people too and subject to making mistakes. The bar for a cop is much higher than most. They have to make decisions in a fraction of the time you get to sit back and Monday morning quarterback them.

Yes it was not a pit bull but none the less capable of inflicting damage. Did the dispatcher sent the unit to the wrong address? We don’t know. But to say we are all in danger by these fucked up cops is going a bit overboard. Please understand I am not saying this is not a sad situation but it does not justify a the blanket staements being made.

[quote]SkyNett wrote:
The best part is that this pussy cop walked into this guy’s yard in broad daylight and drew down on him for doing absolutely NOTHING!

Yea, what fucking remotely justifiable reason did he have for pulling his weapon under those circumstances?

Absolutely disgusting… [/quote]

That officer let his “what ifs” get the best of him. He was scared more than he was thinking,imo.