Puppies and Kittens - Starting again

9lbs PR is good stuff soldog, I talk to myself like that all the time. cutting deals is how I get my butt in the gym too.

it was well worth pushing through.

Its looking much the same here George, just a bit of snow, cats in front of the wood stove, bench numbers going up, only not at 215 yet. Good work.

[quote]soldog wrote:
Thanks all!

10 Nov. 2010
nothing but squats
Barx20, 95x5, 115x5, 135x5, 155x5, 175x5, 195x5, 215x5 (that took 10 minutes and got a good burn going)
225x3, 235x3, 245x3, 255x3 (25 minutes total, fatigue took a toll and I had a hard time with the last one)
[/quote]

Rather superior conditioning!
I wouldn’t even try that many just body weight…

Hope it keeps looking up.

Nice bench pr. Your form is excellent.

Thanks everybody!

11/15/2010
Bike 5 min

Deads 135x5, 225x5, 295x5, 335x1, 365x1, 395x1

B1 MP barx10, 65x5

B2 Chins 4, 2

My joints and head were just not up to doing much tonight. This time of year just sucks even more so this year considering what went on just one year ago. Refinance should close this week paying off my ex and hopefully that will put as much of an end to that part of my life as is possible.

closure and forward thinking soldog.

[quote]nlmain wrote:
closure and forward thinking soldog.[/quote]

I know - but the grief still asserts itself now and again and all that has passed these last 12 months come once more to the present…

letting go, moving on, still takes time…

Good pulling! Have you settled on openers and seconds yet? Mine are still a tad up on the air, but I’m narrowing them down.

[quote]soldog wrote:

[quote]nlmain wrote:

I know - but the grief still asserts itself now and again and all that has passed these last 12 months come once more to the present…

letting go, moving on, still takes time…[/quote]

of course, didn’t want to sound like a coldhearted bitch, just pointing out that there are better days to come - like meets and lifting buddies and good scotch :slight_smile:

[quote]soldog wrote:
The only way I talked myself into doing anything was to say “Keep it short and if you hit a good competition style max, call it a night!”
[/quote]
I play these mind games with myself a lot when I don’t feel like working out. Tell myself a little is better then nothing.

[quote]nlmain wrote:

[quote]soldog wrote:

[quote]nlmain wrote:

of course, didn’t want to sound like a coldhearted bitch, just pointing out that there are better days to come - like meets and lifting buddies and good scotch :)[/quote]

no worries frenchie

Being no fan of the holidays myself, I tell myself its only a little over a month before its all done for another year. Actually, this year I’ve resolved to try to be less negative about them. We’ll see.

How was the massage?

[quote]kimbakimba wrote:
Being no fan of the holidays myself, I tell myself its only a little over a month before its all done for another year. Actually, this year I’ve resolved to try to be less negative about them. We’ll see.

How was the massage?[/quote]

It’s not the holidays, per se, for me. It was just the totality of the events for the past year. I’m pulling out of that mood now. But I’m also fighting some upper-respiratory illness at the same time.

The massage was so-so. I was talking to some friends, who are big road bikers, and may try their masseuse next time for just a little more. I’d like to find someone that I could see on a regular basis.

[quote]kimbakimba wrote:

How was the massage?[/quote]

You will be when you see the Christmas video.

[quote]JoeGood wrote:

You will be when you see the Christmas video.[/quote]

Joe, you are such a tease.

George, I get it. I predict your 2011 will be a good, good year for you. And its only a month and half away!

[quote]nlmain wrote:

[quote]soldog wrote:

[quote]nlmain wrote:

of course, didn’t want to sound like a coldhearted bitch, just pointing out that there are better days to come - like meets and lifting buddies and good scotch :)[/quote]

x2

Lots to look forward to.

Pete Townsend and a 9lb PR, never in the history of lifting have those things gone together. Nice work by the way, lifting when you don’t feel like it is always a good sign.

[quote]kimbakimba wrote:
Being no fan of the holidays myself . . .[/quote]

You too?

And I can’t WAIT for the video, Joe!

Looking good soldog-

bad years get replaced by good ones

think of getting a massage like your barber or hair dresser-

be specific and ask what you want- say what you like tips go a long way too.
but just like a good barber you have to ask around and see who is good for what you like.

I used to do it for a living- now I just make bad tv :slight_smile:

well the pre-meet prep took a kick in the pants this week from a virus but on the good(?) news I’m officially pushing the top of my weight class…

hope to hit openers for doubles tomorrow