Puppies and Kittens - Starting again

Original thread March 2008

Started in May 2008

Last incarnation started May 2009 Starting 5-3-1

Dogpile 2010 - didn’t quite make it a year
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_senior/dogpile_2010?id=3548132&pageNo=0

The older links are broken for some reason, maybe I’ll search them out (maybe not).

E killed my old thread (thanks E) and thanks for all the comments and help throughout the past year. It’s been a rough one for me but everything is on the upswing now with only minor setbacks (emotional and otherwise) in recent months. Here’s looking forward to reaching 50 next October!

I get the first post! Great work this last year George, keep the progress coming!

Jack

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/e/2/e27d8_ORIG-puppies_kittens.jpg

puppies and kittens? I’m in.

puppies and kittens? how did you get the recipe for my favorite stew? its been a secret forever.

Keep the faith. Your progress has been outstanding.

You’ll be pulling 500 by 50 George, I have no doubt.

Thanks all!

10 Nov. 2010
nothing but squats
Barx20, 95x5, 115x5, 135x5, 155x5, 175x5, 195x5, 215x5 (that took 10 minutes and got a good burn going)
225x3, 235x3, 245x3, 255x3 (25 minutes total, fatigue took a toll and I had a hard time with the last one)

wanted to do a fast one tonight and found out what minimal rest does to one

George, we filled up yet another thread of yours already!

That was alot of squat volume. Clearly fatigue sets in quicker for me than you.

[quote]kimbakimba wrote:
George, we filled up yet another thread of yours already!

That was alot of squat volume. Clearly fatigue sets in quicker for me than you.[/quote]

I don’t know about “already” - I started it Jan 1st but I didn’t do a whole lot for the first few months of the year (gotta avoid that next year)

The volume is something I usually avoid but I think I need to do more concentrated volume days because my quads are toast right now…

toast is good. with jam and butter. lol.

lifting heavy gives me a major appetite. nice squating soldog :slight_smile:

to ALL you veterans out there: Thank you!

on behalf of all the veterans out there, you’re welcome! Are you all snowed in yet? we have snow almost to the valley floor in SLC, and Brighton (ski resort) opens today! you said you are up around 13kft, so you should have 5 feet by now…

[quote]mjnewland wrote:
on behalf of all the veterans out there, you’re welcome! Are you all snowed in yet? we have snow almost to the valley floor in SLC, and Brighton (ski resort) opens today! you said you are up around 13kft, so you should have 5 feet by now…[/quote]

nope only 9700 ft at the house and maybe an inch of snow last night

Fast paced squat and deadlift workouts are a bitch. Great training.

[quote]ecogenx wrote:
Fast paced squat and deadlift workouts are a bitch. Great training.[/quote]

Thanks steve! it was different enough that I’m sore today.

on a different note - I took Kimba’s advice and scheduled a therapeutic massage at the Colorado School of Healing Arts. They don’t offer student massage on the week ends but the professional price is only $10 more. I’ll let you know how it goes.

snow talk is illegal.

therapeutic massages on the other are welcomed.

happy kitty

a cold sunless day requires a fire in the evening

I would so be that kitty right now. Only I would need a thumb to hold on to my glass of wine.

I shall conceed that snow talk is not half as bad if one own’s a fire place. very jealous.

[quote]nlmain wrote:
I would so be that kitty right now. Only I would need a thumb to hold on to my glass of wine.

I shall conceed that snow talk is not half as bad if one own’s a fire place. very jealous.[/quote]

The wood stove is great! It takes the living room from 65 degrees to over 70 in 30 minutes on nothing more than a handful of kindling and two medium pieces of aspen.

12Nov-10
Bike 7 min., sh rehab
Bench barx10, 95x10, 115x5, 135x3, 155x1, 175x1, 195x1,

I was tired, cold, hungry and generally not ready to lift tonight. The only way I talked myself into doing anything was to say “Keep it short and if you hit a good competition style max, call it a night!” so that’s just what I did. The warm-up scheme worked well and 195 felt good. So then I went for a real PR

215x1 +9#s over my meet PR in July

I then setup for 185 to do some reps but body said “HEY waitaminute! We had a deal!” so I quit…