Punk Kids

Well im here to defend myself as a punk kid!!

First of all you can call me a punk kid because a)i am an 18 year old male(which makes me a kid) and
b)I listen to punk music(which goes to show i am more intelligent than most kids my age or most adults who listen to whatevers “cool” on the radio)

I do workout in a wife beater, and i do walk around like im better than anyone else. Why?
Because i like working out in a beater. have any of you people bashing it worked out in a wifebeater? or without a shirt? its a completely different workout(for many good reasons).
People in my gym think i have a better than them attitude because i don’t concern myself with what there doing. if i walk by someone doing an excersize, i don’t really pay attention. Why should i be concerned with what someone else does.

People at my gym also give me strange looks because while everyone else has water bottles, and gatorade to drink, i have a murky yellow mixture of pre/during workout carbs and protein.

So thanks for all those that pigeonhole people like me, but just remember that coming on here and bashing them doesn’t change anything. Maybe giving them this site, or even suggesting how to change would be a good idea.

By the time im 22, im gonna be bigger than most of you will ever be!!

There are 1 million fuck ups in gyms around the USA, and they are pretty funny to look at. I get the distinct impression that too many of you put WAY too much stock of your self esteem in how you match up to other gym rats. Being angry because other people think they can bench more than you can is some real insecure bullshit, some classic little bigman bodybuilder inferiority complexes. And listening to punk fucking rock and roll does not make you more intellegent than anyone, it makes you the consumer of a product that is marketed towards you. That being said, when one guy spots the other and screams “Big chest, Big chest” over and over I almost allways break out laughing, I love watching these goons.

Ok, i just read colins post and im not sure if he was directing all of it at me or just some of it.

If your refering to me having self esteem or an insecutrity i think your kinda wrong. I don’t care what anyone else benches, or does on anything for that matter, unless im working in with them.

Im just sick of hearing everyone complain about everyone in their gym. Instead of doing anything about it, you just come on here and vent!

Do you expect them to read this magazine? Probably not! So what good is telling everyone else gonna do?
You know what might work better? If you whiners tell these people in your gym to go to t-mag and read a few articles.

As for punk rock being “marketed”, How often do you hear punk fucking rock and roll on the radio, how often do you see music videos.(hint, blink, sum41, linkin park,green day, and offspring are not punk rock anymore!). I was refering to me being more intelligent because i realize that music is marketed to people, they are told what to like. I do what i do because it makes me happy. If you people who complain arn’t happy with an aspect of going to your gym, then try and change it!

Colin, Well said. When I go to the gym I go for one thing only - to work out. I could absolutely care less about what is going on around me. I knock out my sets, take a couple sipps of water and move on to the next exercise, very simple, very business-like. How is concerning myself with others mentally, going to help my progress in the gym, it’s not, it can only help to break focus and attention. I get enough of that with the multitude of topless dancers that work out at my gym without adding to it. That’s just my view. War T-mag

these kids aren’t “punks” they are called frat boys. all the “punks” that i know that hit the gym are also competitive powerlifters.

OK, I am breaking my 2 month silence for this one guys. You know what else I am sick of? Fat ass smelly ugly weightlifters that weigh 300 lbs. and tell punk kids that they are pieces of shit when in reality these guys just wish that they could see thier own penis without 7 carefully positioned mirrors. if you have 25% bodyfat I don’t give a hit how strong yu are, I would much rather be the scrawny guy under the bench who goes home and boinks a cheerleader

OK, I have to chime in here. I have the typical high school punks too, but I’ve had to make myself ignore them and try not to let their humorous workout habits bother me, but there is a guy that drives me nuts. He is about 35-40, and usually brings his 12 year-old kid w/ him to the gym. This guy is large (not cut) just large. He has the WORST technique i have EVER seen. He uses too much weight, and slings his whole body around to move the weight. He uses the momentum he creates to do EVERY rep. He swings his back when he does bicep curls, keeps his arms in constant motion to make the lift easier. It drives me nuts. It pisses me off that his kid sees this and I’m sure thinks that it is how you’re supposed to do it. This guy has to have to strongest back ever since that’s what gets most of the work. Just had to vent w/ yall on that one.

I hate those fat ass 300 lb guys too. Why? Because I am one. It ain’t fun. That’s exactly why I’ve started going to the gym and settled in on a German Body Comp program.

Generally, us fat guys would just like to be left alone until we get in better shape. Too bad we can’t work out in an empty gym; that would be heaven. Anyway, there’s a couple things us fat guys hate, in no particular order:

1. any “punk” who uses the gym as a social club;
  2. the guys who monopolize the equipment because they think they need it more than us when its obviously the other way around;
  3. people who sneer at the fat guys;
  4. frat boys from the local university, just on general principles;
  5. any guys going around bragging about boinking cheerleaders;

I’ve been lucky in that most of the people at my gym are pretty serious about working out.

Lonny, to market a good to you I would make it appear that it was not marketed (just concert posters and indy radio spots, “grass-roots stuff”). Who buys and who makes your official punk rock? Kids just like you. The type of music you listen too does not make you anything but a consumer. Get over yourself.

Yeah, I would rather look strong than be strong just so I could get layed by cheerleaders. It would suck to squat 1000lbs and weigh 242. I don’t know what Gary Frank is doing totaling 2601 when he should diet to get chicks.

Yorik-Thankfully I have never been overweight, used to be under weight until I started lifting 4 years ago and added 40 lbs. of muscle. I respect newbies and “fat” people who come into the gym. I know how hard it was for me to step foot in a gym. It was intimidating for me, so I think it takes a lot of guts for someone who is overweight to come into the gym. Those people that are sneering aren’t worth worrying about. Good luck with the GBC.
Lonny - Ever heard the saying, "It is better too keep one’s mouth shut and let people think you are an idiot (insert “punk”), than to open your mouth and remove any doubt? Nuff said.

Maybe it’s a good idea if I renew my membership to the local gym(in a yr’s time) than start going to the college gym since u guys talk about frat boys like that lol

This thread is pretty funny.

Well guys, im sorry about everything.
Im wrong and everyone else here is right. Im sorry i offended you people, and please continue to let these “punks” work out in the same manner they are, pissing you and others off and never doing anything about it.
I can only dream of growing up to be a a whiner who never takes any action, but instead sits on his computer chair and vents on a forum instead of trying to help or even do something about it.

Its assholes like you guys that didn’t help me a 2 years ago when i started working out. The more i use this forum, the more i lose respect for the people on it.

Has anyone who has actually posted ever talked to someone who has pissed them off?

i feel your pain, i would have to find a new gym, imagine this, for a month i had to work out at the ymca, can you imagine, it was a nightmare, a social function not a gym, glad to hear you vent, i hate it to

I think Garry Frank’s married. Not quite sure though.

I to am one of those fat ass guys, it took a long time to find out what had been happening to me that caused me to become a fat ass, I wasn’t eating any more or differently but the weight just piled on. I learned enough on T-mag to start me on a proper learning curve, I found out that due to excessive chemical exposure I had the T level of a gnat and cortosol enough for a small town.

Taking what I learned here on a search for a Doctor who cared and believed that I was to be allowed to be involved in my own health care decisions rather than so many here that went to med school at the University of Nevada, you know, put a pill in their mouth pull the arm and the wallet pops out and deposits money in your hand.

This mag and lurking around this forum has taught me so much. I also thought I knew all there was to know when I first went to a gym, lift something heavy a whole bunch of times and the world changes, wrong, I have learned so much over the last 6 months that I now know enough to know I don’t know shit. I am now hormonally stabilized down a net 50 lbs and much stronger than I have ever been in my life, I have gained so much muscle I can’t weight to loose another 100 lbs so I can begin to see some of it. But my diet is much better (thanks to T-mag and its staff of worldbeaters) and gets better the more I learn, the exercises I do are different and my form has improved so greatly that I had to drop weight just to properly do the exercises.

To make a short story long, I love the punk kids and the frat boys and the old geezers, they all have potential, they may one day end up here with a hunger for more (I haven’t kept count of how many I have told about this site) and in the mean time they provide a show between sets and help keep the gym fees down by increasing the membership.

I think you’re right deadlift that Garry is married. I also apologize for misspelling his name, I realized after I posted. BUT I was just making the point that being fat and strong is fine and you shouldn’t conform to what other people think just to get layed.

I love your positive attitude. I guess there ARE positive aspects of the frat boys, etc. All kidding aside, I really haven’t had any trouble with people in my gym, although some people look like doofuses (doofi?) Who works out in blue jeans for crissakes? I’m just disappointed the young few sorority girls who show up are tiny little things; no T-Vixen there.

Since I’m just getting out of my “experimental” stage and forming a real program for myself based on the great info here, I’m interested in anything you might have discovered in your quest for fat loss that you might be willing to share. For example, I know you can get T and E levels tested, but can you get cortisol tested? What other things are worth looking at?

I think I’ll start a thread for fat guys who might want to share some info.

chill out and puff a lill’.life is too short to let that shit piss you off.

lonny, bro…you gotta chill out a little. you realize that by venting at us you’re just becoming one of those “computer-chair losers” as well. “young punk” is just an expression, and i’m not offended in the least by the post, even though i may be on the edge of that category. I happen to like punk music, and i carry one of those strange pre/post concoctions around with me as well. i’m disturbed by the fact that you’re taking harmless comments and using them as an excuse to go off, along with thinking that some are a direct attack towards you. Perhaps if you “didn’t worry about what other people where doing”, you wouldn’t be so easily riled…this is not a flame, just an observation - don’t take it the wrong way. maybe your wife-beater’s a bit too tight and it’s constricting blood flow to your brain. (just jokin’ bro)!hahahaahahahaa