Punisher Short Film

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
Hey that’s the dude from Hung![/quote]

I mentioned that previously…

which means you and I were the show’s only viewers. At least here.

lol

Yes! That was f’n great!

AWOOT! That was awesome! Thanks for the share Big Boss

[quote]waldo21212 wrote:

Jane was awesome in the 2004 Punisher movie, the problem IMO was Travolta’s villain and a shitty script.
[/quote]

If I recall correctly, they also slashed the budget during production which I’m sure affected the editing, etc. I still though Jane did a good job, though.

[quote]jldume wrote:

This x2. I really did like that punisher movie that he took part in, and I wish he would of done the others. I started watching the 2nd one and turned it off not even 30min in, just din’t appeal to me for some reason.[/quote]

I trudged through the entire War Zone movie and was highly disappointed. Ray Stevenson’s Frank Castle had zero personality and could have been replaced by a robot from the Terminator series. I also thought the bad guys, Jig Saw and his brother, were seriously over acting.

Not really that interesting. I’ll never understand the love of the Punisher.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Not really that interesting. I’ll never understand the love of the Punisher.[/quote]

Then you’ll never know the meaning of true justice.

[quote]ryno76 wrote:

[quote]jldume wrote:

This x2. I really did like that punisher movie that he took part in, and I wish he would of done the others. I started watching the 2nd one and turned it off not even 30min in, just din’t appeal to me for some reason.[/quote]

I trudged through the entire War Zone movie and was highly disappointed. Ray Stevenson’s Frank Castle had zero personality and could have been replaced by a robot from the Terminator series. I also thought the bad guys, Jig Saw and his brother, were seriously over acting. [/quote]

Dominic West, the guy who played Jigsaw, mentioned that he deliberately went for a heightened acting style. I think he said it was for a comic book feel, but he and Doug Hutchinson came over like pre-Nolan Batman villains and it jarred with the rest of the movie.

Actually, War Zone just seemed muddled as if they couldn’t decide on a direction.

[quote]roybot wrote:
Dominic West, the guy who played Jigsaw, mentioned that he deliberately went for a heightened acting style. I think he said it was for a comic book feel, but he and Doug Hutchinson came over like pre-Nolan Batman villains and it jarred with the rest of the movie.

Actually, War Zone just seemed muddled as if they couldn’t decide on a direction.[/quote]

Jigsaw came off as a really bad attempt at Ledger’s Joker, even though I don’t think that was West’s intent. I’m not faulting West, though, playing a character that’s batshit crazy has only been successfully done in a few movies. Just my opinion, but Ledger’s Joker and Brad Pitt’s (even though I can’t stand him) role in 12 Monkies come to mind. Many other’s fail miserably when they attempt to play a nutjob. Deniro in Taxi Driver is a good one too.

I thought that opening shot of Castle waking up to the sound of his kid’s voices echoing in his head was brilliantly effective.

the one thing I didn’t like was him flipping the jack daniels bottle, seemed totally out of character

[quote]ryno76 wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

Actually, War Zone just seemed muddled as if they couldn’t decide on a direction.[/quote]

Jigsaw came off as a really bad attempt at Ledger’s Joker, even though I don’t think that was West’s intent. I’m not faulting West, though, playing a character that’s batshit crazy has only been successfully done in a few movies. Just my opinion, but Ledger’s Joker and Brad Pitt’s (even though I can’t stand him) role in 12 Monkies come to mind. Many other’s fail miserably when they attempt to play a nutjob. Deniro in Taxi Driver is a good one too.[/quote]

Yeah. I think Dominic West is a good actor, but if an insane character is under-written, there may be no other choice but to play him as a caricature. Nolan is a master at drawing out the psychological aspects of a character, and although Ledger deserves credit for his part in playing The Joker, it was a once in a lifetime role on paper.

He was like a moral black hole sucking everyone around him in.

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Not really that interesting. I’ll never understand the love of the Punisher.[/quote]

Then you’ll never know the meaning of true justice.[/quote]

Bingo.

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:
the one thing I didn’t like was him flipping the jack daniels bottle, seemed totally out of character[/quote]

Yeah…but just a small technicality. I think in that instance…he accepted that “true justice” was the right choice.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:
the one thing I didn’t like was him flipping the jack daniels bottle, seemed totally out of character[/quote]

Yeah…but just a small technicality. I think in that instance…he accepted that “true justice” was the right choice. [/quote]

He completely nailed displaying what being a true anti hero is about though

and i was pretty gutted it wasnt the updated punisher logo that im wearing on a t shirt right now also haha

[quote]waldo21212 wrote:

I think the problem with the Punisher is that it will have to be R rated, and R rated movies just don’t make the stacks of cash PG-13 movies make.[/quote]

At this point, Marvel should throw caution to the wind, and do a low budget, R- rated Punisher with Jane back in the saddle.

They don’t need to spend 100s of millions to make this: he has no powers and isn’t super rich. They could do all manner of things to work around the budget.

I’ve said for a while that Marvel could start an ‘indie’ arm with lower budget versions of lesser-known characters, maybe with up-and-coming directors, made for fans to test how far they they could deviate from certificates. They already have a writing program.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

Fuck you Wol…Fuck you very much…

How you been man you been like MIA.

Im stuck in a hotel again out of town, sigh…no coke and hookers, just books, TN and G+

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]waldo21212 wrote:

I think the problem with the Punisher is that it will have to be R rated, and R rated movies just don’t make the stacks of cash PG-13 movies make.[/quote]

At this point, Marvel should throw caution to the wind, and do a low budget, R- rated Punisher with Jane back in the saddle.

They don’t need to spend 100s of millions to make this: he has no powers and isn’t super rich. They could do all manner of things to work around the budget.

I’ve said for a while that Marvel could start an ‘indie’ arm with lower budget versions of lesser-known characters, maybe with up-and-coming directors, made for fans to test how far they they could deviate from certificates. They already have a writing program. [/quote]

Glorious…and this is a good idea. The Punisher is kinda like the poor mans batman. Dont need all that extra stuff…just a great storyline and great actors. This short film gave me a woody

[quote]WayneTrain777 wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]waldo21212 wrote:

I’ve said for a while that Marvel could start an ‘indie’ arm with lower budget versions of lesser-known characters, maybe with up-and-coming directors, made for fans to test how far they they could deviate from certificates. They already have a writing program. [/quote]

Glorious…and this is a good idea. The Punisher is kinda like the poor mans batman. Dont need all that extra stuff…just a great storyline and great actors. This short film gave me a woody
[/quote]

Between the Schumacher and Nolan movies, Darren Aronofsky was going to do a low budget adaptation of Batman: Year One, with relatively low resources (basic car, suit). That evolved into what became Batman Begins.

Point is, a Punisher movie could be made so cheaply that it would offset the dreaded R-rating. Jane seems to be up for it, and nobody else seems to know what to do with it.

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]WayneTrain777 wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]waldo21212 wrote:

[/quote]

Between the Schumacher and Nolan movies, Darren Aronofsky was going to do a low budget adaptation of Batman: Year One, with relatively low resources (basic car, suit). That evolved into what became Batman Begins.

Point is, a Punisher movie could be made so cheaply that it would offset the dreaded R-rating. Jane seems to be up for it, and nobody else seems to know what to do with it.

[/quote]

its a real shame that aronofsky dropped out of directing the wolverine sequel