'Punish' Yourself with Volume If You Don't Hit Intended Reps?

So your reason for not trying it is this? Over a secondary movement?

Quick question… what is your body weight and home many chins can you do .

1 Like

Bodyweight is 83kg at height of 5ft 9in (yes, I am aware that I am basically anorexic).

Bw chins I can do 30 for an all out set. I can just about do 1 one-arm chin with my right arm only (left is weaker). I usually use 40kg added to me for straight work sets of around 7 reps.

Most of my (limited) mass is in my quads - my upper body doesn’t even really look like someone who goes to the gym, so I am trying to use chins to get and wider and thicker back and bigger arms.

As a side question - at what BMI is a one-arm chin considered impressive? I know that you can tell if you’ve got a good physique if your BMI is in the ‘morbidly obese’ category yet you’ve got a bf% of less than 10. Which would mean a 5ft 9in guy like myself should at the very least weigh 122kg (or 270lbs). I would imagine that unless you’re that heavy, none of your feats of bodyweight strength really ‘count’ (just like abs on a skinny guy don’t count). So I pretty much have to put on 40kg of muscle mass

Good luck with that. Phil Heath is 5’9" and weights 280 in the offseason (probably at 10-12%). So Mr Olympia has a good physique and the rest of the world is playing catch up LOL

I am 5’9 at 190 and think I have a good physique.

But part of that is that I am vain and have a lot of self esteem.

Oh, and I am humble. Like really super humble. Probably the most humble person ever.

3 Likes