T Nation

Pumpkin Skin

Hi,

does anyone know if pumpkin skin has any calories and can it be eaten?

When I bake pumpkin slices in the oven the skin seems to be ok to eat. So I was wondering if it would be ok to eat the slices without peeling the skin.

assuming this isn’t some kind of joke, I’ll simply say eat the pumpkin skin if that’s what you want.

Worrying about the calories in the skin of a pumpkin is taking it a little far man, try not to get too wrapped up in this stuff OK?

[quote]JMoUCF87 wrote:
assuming this isn’t some kind of joke, I’ll simply say eat the pumpkin skin if that’s what you want.

Worrying about the calories in the skin of a pumpkin is taking it a little far man, try not to get too wrapped up in this stuff OK?[/quote]

I know it sound funny, but I read on some German sites that the skin shouldn’t be eaten and can make you ill or something so I just wanted to find out if that is true.

[quote]el_minjo wrote:
JMoUCF87 wrote:

Worrying about the calories in the skin of a pumpkin is taking it a little far man, try not to get too wrapped up in this stuff OK?

I know it sound funny, but I read on some German sites that the skin shouldn’t be eaten and can make you ill or something so I just wanted to find out if that is true.
[/quote]

if that is the case it may not be a great idea. you asked about calories though, not illness. i would seek out more info if i were you.