Pumping Iron Wahler vs. Katz

Am I the only one who thinks that Mike Katz looked more impressive than Ken Wahler at the Mr. Universe in the movie pumping iron?

I know I’m no BB judge, and they didn’t show their posing routines in their entirety, but Katz looked very impressive to me.

I have the movie on DVD and I watch it now and again, and every time I wonder what everyone else thinks?

So…what do you all think?

IMO, Wahler had a more aesthetic looking physique. Katz had a big upper body, shoulders and chest, but looked kinda of out of proportion. To me at least.

D

i am not a judge either, but i belive that if you listen to the statements earlier in the movie where wahler stated that katz had too many spotr that didnt match others (arms and chest)…he was large and impressive but i am guessing not symmetrical enough…
forgive me i am a powerlifter giving an amateur opinion

now i do believe that franco should have beaten arnold

Somehow??? youre joking, right?
I have no idea how someone put together like Mike Katz could win a major title or even a regional title. The dude didn;t look right at all? lopsided and awkward.

Great bodybuilder, awesome guy…but never should have won a title. HE looked like he was assembled from all the flawed bodyparts they could find.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Personally, I thought Wahler had the much better physique. Katz just looked wrong somehow, know what I mean?

Actually, I’ve watched the dvd many times and thought that Kens’ physique would be pretty much my ideal. Minus the freckles, lol.

BBB[/quote]

Of course, same judges awarded Boyer “no-abs” Coe the sandow…so its not all that shocking!

I agree, Wahler looked much better.

Katz looked…like Bushidobadboy said…“wrong” for lack of a more fitting description. Sort of clumsy and oafish, like his body hadn’t gotten used to the muscle it had accumulated.

His Kwai Chang Caine hairstyle didn’t help much either.

“Where’s my shirt?”

wow his chest is out of proportion with his arms

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:
Of course, same judges awarded Boyer “no-abs” Coe the sandow…so its not all that shocking! [/quote]

Actually this is pretty shocking, Boyer Coe won a sandow! The man is the forgotten mr olympia, must of been a leap year and they just didn’t give him credit for it. It’s cause he followed H.I.T principles and worked for Nautilus. Politics, typical.
lol

Maybe it’s because he was the suburb guy with kids that used to be bullied, a very nice, good guy, that got your (and my) sympathy. He doesn’t fit the stereotype of an arrogant selfish bodybuilder (a bit like Arnold or Wahler)

Sorry, I meant the mr universe title, whatever that is. lol.

[quote]jayski wrote:
tribunaldude wrote:
Of course, same judges awarded Boyer “no-abs” Coe the sandow…so its not all that shocking!

Actually this is pretty shocking, Boyer Coe won a sandow! The man is the forgotten mr olympia, must of been a leap year and they just didn’t give him credit for it. It’s cause he followed H.I.T principles and worked for Nautilus. Politics, typical.
lol
[/quote]

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Not the sharpest tool in the box, but I really felt for him when the results were called and he didn’t even place.[/quote]

Where did you get that Mike Katz is stupid? I didn’t see that at all.

I’m pretty sure Katz was a science teacher,… couldn’t be that stupid.

Still, as large and imposiing as he was, as a ‘bodybuilder’, nothing really fit together. I guess that’s the big man’s curse, needing larger limbs to fit together well, and his humongous pecs really just made it more obvious. Waller was a damn good example to a physique with size, proportion, asthetics,… I’d be damn happy to have his build even nowadays (actually, especially nowadays -lol).

S

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:
Somehow??? youre joking, right?
I have no idea how someone put together like Mike Katz could win a major title or even a regional title. The dude didn;t look right at all? lopsided and awkward.

Great bodybuilder, awesome guy…but never should have won a title. HE looked like he was assembled from all the flawed bodyparts they could find.

bushidobadboy wrote:
Personally, I thought Wahler had the much better physique. Katz just looked wrong somehow, know what I mean?

Actually, I’ve watched the dvd many times and thought that Kens’ physique would be pretty much my ideal. Minus the freckles, lol.

BBB

[/quote]

Man, does he look fucked up in that pic…

Waller > Katz

Katz has the typical ectomorph structure. Wide chest, very long narrow arm and short muscle bellies. I unfortunately have this very same structure, I look fine from the side and back but from the front my chest makes my arms disappear.