T Nation

Pumping Iron News

From the NY Post:

“October 20, 2002 – It’s Showtime for Schwarzenegger

Arnold Schwarzenegger will help Showtime kick off the 25th anniversary of “Pumping Iron,” the movie that launched him to stardom.

Schwarzenegger will be in town Nov. 12 for the screening of Cinemax’s “Pumping Iron: 25th Anniversary Special Edition.” The screening will be held at 72nd and 3rd, with a party afterward at The Whitney.

The movie will air on Cinemax Friday, Nov. 15 at 8 p.m. In the movie, first released in 1977, Schwarzenegger was featured as cameras followed a group of bodybuilders as they prepared and competed for the Mr. Universe and Mr. Olympia titles.”

I don’t really know if it means anything, but I thought I’d let you guys know…

On “Amazon” you can put in a request to have them notify you when “Pumping Iron” is available on DVD (which I did!)

That worked well for me with “Band of Brothers”…but what I DON’T know is whether of not this means that the release of “Pumping Iron” is imminent…anyway, you have nothing to lose!

Just find “Pumping Iron” on VHS, and they will prompt you for the rest.

I live in NYC. Is there any way to get into such a screening? I assume there aren’t tickets available to the public. Are there ways to get in?

Jayhawk

I’m pretty sure this “Anniversary” version will not show Arnold smoking a joint after the Olympia, like the original version did.

Yes Lumpy, that was amusing wasn’t it.