Pump Action Guns

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:
This is pathetic.

Isn’t your job as a personal trainer to help this guy achieve his goals?

Why don’t you give him a program that works instead of this crap that you posted?[/quote]

Unfortunately, most personal trainers jobs are sacraficed for the immediate job of trying to eat and make money. Nothing seems to work more for the average client then making them sore for the first workout. They go home and say wow he really worked me.

OP if this is something you care about and want to last long in, listen to Goodfellow and pay attention to the clients goal, then focus on that. If what you do makes him sore great, but if not long as it accomplishes the goal.
There are a million bicep exercises and most work the same muscles, it’s not always what you do but how you do it. Your attention to detail and what you accomplish is what makes you a great pt. It can be something little like bending the wrist in or double lift at the top of a movement that will change the effectiveness. Most of all it’s how you motivate him to lift. Screaming in somebodies ear can make them lift 50 more pounds and 50 more reps, your job is to motivate him to excel and blast through his goals.

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:
This is pathetic.

Isn’t your job as a personal trainer to help this guy achieve his goals?

Why don’t you give him a program that works instead of this crap that you posted?[/quote]

With all due respect, Everyone needs a helping hand now and then.

If this is for real try this:

30 seconds rest between supersets, complete all sets in superset, wait 60 secs, move to next #:

Superset #1
Dips - 4x6-8reps *add weigh if needed
Barbell Curls - 4x6-8

Superset 2#
Smith machine CGBP - 3x8-10 *come down to 3 inches from chest
Hammer Curls - 3x8-10

Superset 3#
Rope Pulldowns - 3x12-15
Preacher Curls - 3x12-15

Note: No tricep excercise is too lockout, maintain focus on triceps at all times.

Too easy. Blood will be coming out his hears. Try it.

*DB CURLS (1 arm) - 3x10 ← normal rest between.
*short rest
*TRICEPS ← you will have money, you choose:)
*short rest

*PINWHEEL DB CURLS - 5x5 ← do this very heavy, normal rest
*short rest
*TRICEPS
*short rest

*REVERS BARBELL CURLS - 3x to failure <-do this light(more than 15 reps),slowly,normal rest and do this definitely! (but only for pump, in this stupid situation)
*short rest
*TRICEPS

[quote]
kickingking wrote:
How about send him to this thread, then he won’t have to pay someone who can’t put together an arm routine. He’d be even more pumped about that.[/quote]

LoL!

but I really, really hope that this is troll from our forums here, then he should definitely pay like shit for that!

Hey! is this your client? ^

:slight_smile: lol…

Ian King had a good arm specialization article , look it up.

God please kill this thread there’s already enough arms workouts here for at least 2 years of arm-pumping fury.

Wow him with your intellect not your exercise choice.

I PT in a gym where most of the trainers do crap on a bosu ball or make up crap just because it looks neat and is “innovative”.

I’m sure if the guy just wants a pump he can get that on his own.

Here are a couple of my arm workouts:

Antagonist Sets:

Incline Curl
Seated Overhead Extension

Seated Curl
Skulls

90 degree Preacher Curl (ie:spider curl)
Decline Skulls

3 sets of whatever, 6-8, 8-12, shit you can do the bi’s 12 and the tri’s 6 since tri’s are far more fast-twitch dominant.

CNS Stimulation First:

Weighted Close Grip Chin: warm-up 2 sets than 1 go set at under 5 reps
Weighted Dips: warm-up 2 sets then 1 go set under 5 reps

Triset:
Incline Zottman Curl
Seated Curl
90 Degree Preacher Hammer Curl

Triset:
Seated Overhead EZ Bar Extension Reverse Grip
Incline DB Skulls
Rope Pushdown

3 sets of 6-8-10

Try varying the angle and/or grip.

8-10 reps isn’t gonna pump worth shit. first set of each exercise have him do 30 reps. If you aren’t pumped after 30 reps (even with only 20lbs) you aren’t alive. I’ve used a 30-20-15 rep style before, after arms day on this routine, I can barely get my damn shaker cup to my mouth to drink my post w/o shake.

[quote]Hyena wrote:
8-10 reps isn’t gonna pump worth shit. first set of each exercise have him do 30 reps. If you aren’t pumped after 30 reps (even with only 20lbs) you aren’t alive. I’ve used a 30-20-15 rep style before, after arms day on this routine, I can barely get my damn shaker cup to my mouth to drink my post w/o shake.[/quote]

Actually, he should do 6 sets of 60 reps first, then 55 1/2, then 37.3 reps for a total of 637.52 reps movin probably a total of 500032 lbs of force. if his arms dont shit a brick or rape and pillage 3rd world villages in darfur then you FAIL

Guys this is getting fucking ridiculous.
Main reason: he already HAD his session with his client
Close second: he doesn’t need MORE suggestions for different routines!