T Nation

Pulse Feast Question

I like the idea of the warrior diet but felt like shit and lost muscle on it. I read CT’s article on the pulse feast and am very intrigued. I have similar issues with food that CT has and the fact I’m an endomorph doesn’t help. I am looking to lose fat but obviously want to retain and/or build some muscle. I get up early so I was gonna do 2 scoops of MAG-10 3 times per day and then eat a large supper on non-workout days. If I get up later, I will do 3 scoops 2 times per day. On workout days, I will follow the pulse feast protocol but will do 3 scoops SWF in 30 ounces of water consuming 25% of this before and after workouts and the rest during my workout. I will begin my feast an hour after finishing the SWF. I have realistic expectations about building muscle when using IF but my goals are fat loss, feeling better and simplifying my life. Thanks, Marc

I’m not sure I actually saw a particular question in what you wrote, but it sounds like you’ve got the basic idea down.

Only thing I’d recommend is to add a scoop or two of MAG-10 (and Anaconda if it’s an option for you) into your workout shake. Just Surge Workout Fuel isn’t the best peri-workout nutrition since it’s lacking a big hit of the aminos and protein you want at that time.

Other than that, go for it.

[quote]rmhaarala13 wrote:
I like the idea of the warrior diet but felt like shit and lost muscle on it. I read CT’s article on the pulse feast and am very intrigued. I have similar issues with food that CT has and the fact I’m an endomorph doesn’t help. I am looking to lose fat but obviously want to retain and/or build some muscle. I get up early so I was gonna do 2 scoops of MAG-10 3 times per day and then eat a large supper on non-workout days. If I get up later, I will do 3 scoops 2 times per day. On workout days, I will follow the pulse feast protocol but will do 3 scoops SWF in 30 ounces of water consuming 25% of this before and after workouts and the rest during my workout. I will begin my feast an hour after finishing the SWF. I have realistic expectations about building muscle when using IF but my goals are fat loss, feeling better and simplifying my life. Thanks, Marc [/quote]

I think what Colucci said is a very important thing to keep in mind, If doing that style of eating, you would want to jack up the content of peri-workout nutrition to make things optimal.

This basically is a Warrior style of eating and I will add that CT himself has said that this method of eating while good for keeping him lean while not on Indigo, didn’t do a thing for him in terms of actually gaining muscle. So i think that this form is probably good if you need to drop some weight, its probably not the best way to add muscle. With that being said i guess it comes down to what you goal is and if that fits the bill give it a try.