Pulls

Has anyone done those pulls that were in the Staley article: http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1175186

I was curious as to what kind of results people were seeing using those vrs. cleans. Seems like theyd be alot better on your joints and such so I wanted to know if they were just as good results wise.

Well, I don’t know about how they translate into cleans, but I can tell you, they translate into bigger deadlifts. Coach Staley has selected pulls as one of my main exercises last month and this month and I’ve already seen the benefits from them.

[quote]zarro wrote:
Well, I don’t know about how they translate into cleans, but I can tell you, they translate into bigger deadlifts. Coach Staley has selected pulls as one of my main exercises last month and this month and I’ve already seen the benefits from them. [/quote]

Yeah I didnt neccesarily mean how the pulls would effect your clean. I kinda meant: are the overall effect comparable? I remember doing cleans when I played college ball (pre injury) and I got pretty big and significantly stronger when I was doing them…Just wondering if people would put the same stock in pulls as they would cleans.