Pulling With Bands

I just got my bands in the mail today and I wanted to know how I could deadlift with the bands if I don’t have a platform to attach the bands to. I saw once that what people did was take a single band and loop it over both sides, bring it inside the sleeves and then stand on the middle of the band. Would that work?

The jumpstretch platform is 150 dollars with S&H. Sumo is about 260 with S&H.

I just got my bands in the mail today too, and would like to know that as well.
How well does this work, also with concern to wear and tear on bands and resistance, - YouTube

If you are lifting at home. Buy a sheet of plywood and put the bands around it.with the bands over the bar. Green bands will provide about 80-100 lbs of tension at lockout.

We have a raised deadlift mat at my gym. I just put 80 & 85lb dumbbells on each side, wrap the bands around them and across the bar. The mat keeps the db’s in place.

If you’ve got a rack where the pins stick out on both sides, you can loop the bands through the pins, over the bar. Set the pins as low as they go. You might need to put some kind of box or board on the floor in the rack to get you up to the same ROM as the floor.

The problem with the sumo jump stretch platform is that you have to put collars inside of the plates, otherwise the bar hits the platform. Kind of a pain in the butt.

Try reverse band pulls, set the bars in your power rack around shoulder height, choke the bands on each side in the middle of the bars. Loop the bands around the inside of the bar and add weight.

[quote]bjjwannabe152 wrote:
I just got my bands in the mail today and I wanted to know how I could deadlift with the bands if I don’t have a platform to attach the bands to. I saw once that what people did was take a single band and loop it over both sides, bring it inside the sleeves and then stand on the middle of the band. Would that work?[/quote]

Like this? - YouTube

This works quite well, you just got to get used to it in the beginning.

I like the sumo jump stretch platform. You have less screwing around and you’ll get over 250 pounds of tension from doubled minis. It’s hard to duplicate this with regular bands and such.

I measured a few weeks ago and I picked up an 88 and 35 pound kettlebell with less stretch than my lockout, inches wise. My lockout was about 5 inches higher, so I’m gettign about 275-300 at the top.

If you have the room and money , get the platform. But you must use doubled minis, which gives you four lengths of band over the bar on each side. I let my son try and he couldn’t do the bar, hahaha! He’s doing 190-200 in the deadlift right now and he wanted to try it.

[quote]eisenaffe wrote:
bjjwannabe152 wrote:
I just got my bands in the mail today and I wanted to know how I could deadlift with the bands if I don’t have a platform to attach the bands to. I saw once that what people did was take a single band and loop it over both sides, bring it inside the sleeves and then stand on the middle of the band. Would that work?

Like this? - YouTube

This works quite well, you just got to get used to it in the beginning.

[/quote]

yea thats what i meant. it should work okay yea?