Pulling Rope Around Chest While Benching

[quote]KBCThird wrote:
malonetd wrote:
KBCThird wrote:
triple-10sets wrote:
I dont have a band. I want my chest to be jacked to shreds I dont want to fuck around with the norm.

so having a guy lying underneath the bench PULLING A ROPE AROUND YOUR CHEST WHILE YOU BENCH doesnt constitute changing the norm?

I am actually intrigued by your idea - this man beneath the bench, would the bench have to be raised up on block to do it? Or is a midget preferable? Would this be a gym employee whose sole job is to pull ropes around chests, or are you and your workout partner going to scramble in and out from under the bench every set?

How hard should the midget be pulling, what percentage of max force? Does teh diameter of the rope matter? What if I dont have a rope in my gym, could I use a belt instead? [u]Could I attach ropes to my elbows as well to really work the triceps?[/u] Is a bench press even necessary, or could I just have a dominatrix tie me up and force my muscles to work harder to contract that way?

I was mildly amused by your post until I read the the highlighted sentence. HA!

+50 KBC brand rep points.

sweet, between you and hanley i am up to 70 points
[/quote]

Man I only have 20. I think 50 was a bit generous tbh… :wink:

How about wearing one of those ab belts around your chest when you’re benching??

Oh wait, I’ve something even more radical… Get strong and bench more than 135!!

[quote]malonetd wrote:
triple-10sets wrote:
I dont have a band. I want my chest to be jacked to shreds I dont want to fuck around with the norm.

Then maybe you should actually be in the gym lifting rather than online coming up silly get-big-quick schemes.[/quote]

True. Just go lift heavy stuff and eat.

[quote]triple-10sets wrote:
This is a strategy I thought about trying tommorrow. While one guy is doing bench with like 135 for high reps, the other guy is lying under the bench pulling a rope from each side hard around the bencher’s chest. It seems that the chest will have to work harder to contract. Should I try this ? [/quote]

Hell yeah! Way to think outside the box dude. Be sure to post the results with videos…

[quote]tom63 wrote:
malonetd wrote:
triple-10sets wrote:

Then maybe you should actually be in the gym lifting rather than online coming up silly get-big-quick schemes.

[/quote]

Don’t you get it tho…? He’s a statistical anomaly. Everything that evreyone else has done, including the biggest and strongest guys in the world won’t work for him. Or maybe it’s a long hard road and he’s looking for shortcuts. Hell I dunno.

What the hell kind of homoerotic bondage fantasy is this?

[quote]tom63 wrote:
malonetd wrote:
triple-10sets wrote:

Then maybe you should actually be in the gym lifting rather than online coming up silly get-big-quick schemes.

[/quote]

Thanks guys…Words of wisdom in time of chaos.

http://www.guidoandluigi.com/index.php?date=2006-05-27

Haha…no

I think you would probably just end up with rope burns on your chest but why not just try it? Let us know how it goes.

Enquiring minds want to know!

easily one of the funniest things ive read on here in a looong time.

Could you actually do something like this to help build your arch?

[quote]conorh wrote:
Could you actually do something like this to help build your arch?[/quote]

What’s wrong with the pvc pipe trick?

[quote]conorh wrote:
Could you actually do something like this to help build your arch?[/quote]

jesus christ. is something contageous going around? please explain how someone lying under the bench, keeping you strapped to the bench with a rope, is going to help build your arch.

on the other hand, if you were kidding, you should know that words like “wow”, “totally”, “bro”, etc, will help others to decipher the sarcasm.

[quote]triple-10sets wrote:
Hey bro I cant be in the gym 24/7 man. [/quote]

Why not? just sneak a pillow and hide in the lockers while they are closing. . .

[quote]dez6485 wrote:
conorh wrote:
Could you actually do something like this to help build your arch?

jesus christ. is something contageous going around? please explain how someone lying under the bench, keeping you strapped to the bench with a rope, is going to help build your arch.

on the other hand, if you were kidding, you should know that words like “wow”, “totally”, “bro”, etc, will help others to decipher the sarcasm. [/quote]

I’ve just noticed that a lot of guys let their arch collapse at the bottom of the bench, and I was thinking you could use something like this as cue to help keep your arch hard.

Of course, if you do board press, you have to keep your chest forced out.

Bro.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
KBCThird wrote:
triple-10sets wrote:

so having a guy lying underneath the bench PULLING A ROPE AROUND YOUR CHEST WHILE YOU BENCH doesnt constitute changing the norm?

I am actually intrigued by your idea - this man beneath the bench, would the bench have to be raised up on block to do it? Or is a midget preferable? Would this be a gym employee whose sole job is to pull ropes around chests, or are you and your workout partner going to scramble in and out from under the bench every set?

How hard should the midget be pulling, what percentage of max force? Does teh diameter of the rope matter? What if I dont have a rope in my gym, could I use a belt instead? [u]Could I attach ropes to my elbows as well to really work the triceps?[/u] Is a bench press even necessary, or could I just have a dominatrix tie me up and force my muscles to work harder to contract that way?

[/quote]

Isn’t there some kind of method , where you tie a string real tight on lets say your shoulder, to stop blood from flowing to the muscle?? Then you work for high rep ranges to induce hypertrophy… wow… did i just type that?

Ha ha. Yes. Totally.

Wait.

W

T

F

?

Don’t forget to have one of your other buddies sit on your face.

[quote]zooropa1150 wrote:
malonetd wrote:
KBCThird wrote:
triple-10sets wrote:

Isn’t there some kind of method , where you tie a string real tight on lets say your shoulder, to stop blood from flowing to the muscle?? Then you work for high rep ranges to induce hypertrophy… wow… did i just type that?
[/quote]

Actually there is, and I can’t remember the name of it but I think it’s Japanese. It sounds pretty rediculous to me. I mean, even if I thought eating dog shit built huge muscles I still wouldn’t do it.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
tom63 wrote:
malonetd wrote:
triple-10sets wrote:

Don’t you get it tho…? He’s a statistical anomaly. Everything that evreyone else has done, including the biggest and strongest guys in the world won’t work for him. Or maybe it’s a long hard road and he’s looking for shortcuts. Hell I dunno.[/quote]

True, but I have found to get stronger you must eat, train with stronger guys than you, and repeat as necessary. If you get in my position were you are fairly strong, you get some younger guys to train with you and eat.