Pulled Pork: Recipes?

[quote]TheKraken wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]Voluminous wrote:
Been in SF for 2 weeks (San Jose / Oakland); and man the food here is amazing. However Pulled Pork is so damn addictive - anyone have recipes for it?

Thanks! [/quote]

Yeah, tons of recipes. House favorite for generations.[/quote]

I hear it goes well with rabbit cream stew and blood sausage.
[/quote]
where do you get “rabbit cream?” [/quote]

You have to go to the Kosher grocery stores; apparently it is a Jewish thing.

[quote]aeyogi wrote:

[quote]TheKraken wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]Voluminous wrote:
Been in SF for 2 weeks (San Jose / Oakland); and man the food here is amazing. However Pulled Pork is so damn addictive - anyone have recipes for it?

Thanks! [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Its not hard to find, just to collect

[quote]TheKraken wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]Voluminous wrote:

Thanks! [/quote]

[/quote]

In Israel it’s usually next to the canned oysters on the treif isle of Shufersol.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]TheKraken wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]Voluminous wrote:

Thanks! [/quote]

[/quote]

In Israel it’s usually next to the canned oysters on the treif isle of Shufersol.
[/quote]

I’m fucking dying over here lol.

Given what week it is too, it’s priceless.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]TheKraken wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]Voluminous wrote:

Thanks! [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Its Jewish rabbit milking week? Help a Gentile out here, da’ hell is happening?

[quote]TheKraken wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]TheKraken wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]Voluminous wrote:

Thanks! [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Its Jewish rabbit milking week? Help a Gentile out here, da’ hell is happening?[/quote]

Jews can’t eat pork. Nor can they mix dairy and meat. They also can’t eat shellfish.

PAssover was last weekend so they have to eat special until Friday, which includes nothing that raises, so no yeast products. I think there are other caveats too, but I just work with Jewish people, not actually study it, so have only picked up bits and pieces of their customs and rituals.

[quote]TheKraken wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]TheKraken wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]Voluminous wrote:

Thanks! [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Its Jewish rabbit milking week? Help a Gentile out here, da’ hell is happening?[/quote]

This is the week where Jews cease their shape shifting ways to celebrate Passover. This tradition began hundreds of years ago when Jewish people marked their doors with fresh rabbit cream, letting the people outside know that they don’t like Matzo at all, so they should pass over the house.

[quote]aeyogi wrote:

[quote]TheKraken wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]Voluminous wrote:

Thanks! [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I was gonna go with “lobster bisque” but “rabbit cream” just sounded funnier.

Jews keeping kashrut can’t eat shellfish, or rabbits, or meat and milk together. Nor pulled pork, obviously.

Jewbacca, would you say the replacing of the Passover Lamb with the Easter Ham and the Easter Bunny was a conscious “fuck you”, or just a funny coincidence?

[quote]TheKraken wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]TheKraken wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]Voluminous wrote:

Thanks! [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I’m low carb and somewhat grouchy, as alluded to by Beans. (Must be a double joy working among the Tribe during Passover/tax season, Beans.)

Anyway, I made a smart ass reply, which was built upon by others.

As Varq said, pork, rabbit, and generally various other crap animals only Coonasses in Lousiana eat (e.g., squirrels) are not Kosher. As is mixing milk and meat and sea creatures that don’t have scales and bones (e.g., whales, seals, various bottom feeders/predator fish, and, yes, shell fish).

“Shufersol” (aka “Super Sol”) is like a Super Wal-Mart of Israel.

“Treif” means “not kosher.” And, yes, in the inverse of stores in the USA where there is a Kosher isle, there is a “Not Kosher” Isle. “Treif” is a bit of a derogatory term, and that’s what we call it.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

I’m low carb and somewhat grouchy, as alluded to by Beans. (Must be a double joy working among the Tribe during Passover/tax season, Beans.)

[/quote]

It’s really not that bad, some grumpy ass grumps, but I’m not exactly a ray of sunshine myself.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]TheKraken wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]TheKraken wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]Voluminous wrote:

Thanks! [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Anyway, I made a smart ass reply, which was built upon by others.

As Varq said, pork, rabbit, and generally various other crap animals only Coonasses in Lousiana eat (e.g., squirrels) are not Kosher. As is mixing milk and meat and sea creatures that don’t have scales and bones (e.g., whales, seals, various bottom feeders/predator fish, and, yes, shell fish).

“Shufersol” (aka “Super Sol”) is like a Super Wal-Mart of Israel.

“Treif” means “not kosher.” And, yes, in the inverse of stores in the USA where there is a Kosher isle, there is a “Not Kosher” Isle. “Treif” is a bit of a derogatory term, and that’s what we call it.[/quote]

JB, I knew about pork, kind of forgot about the milk and meat thing, but didn’t know rabbit was off the menu too. Mashugana! Check me out learning stuff online!

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

Jewbacca, would you say the replacing of the Passover Lamb with the Easter Ham and the Easter Bunny was a conscious “fuck you”, or just a funny coincidence? [/quote]

I really don’t know. My understanding was the whole Easter Bunny and eggs stuff had to do with some sort of European paganism.

As for ham, there is no restriction on gentiles eating ham (and unlike Islam, we don’t require non-Jews to follow our laws), so I don’t consider it anything. Eat away.

Indeed, the only restriction on non-Jews, dietary wise, in the entire Bible relates to the eating of live animals and consumption of blood.

Both appear in the Noahadic laws and again in the “New” Testament.

http://civilizedcavemancooking.com/recipes/pork/crockpot-pulled-pork/

Perhaps this thread isn’t discussing cooking anymore, but I don’t care, that shit is awesome.

I use a dry rub when I pull my Pork.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]K.F.P wrote:
I use a dry rub when I pull my Pork.[/quote]

Try an oil based rub one of these days. It’s amazing.[/quote]

Are you talking about pork or massage parlors? lol

This thread has made me hungry for the swine. Currently smoking a 6.5lb Boston butt rubbed with mustard, brown sugar, olive oil, ginger, salt and cinnamon. Hickory/Oak wood. Some cardamom might add a nice flavor, but I’m out.