T Nation

Pulled My First 315


#1

I just pulled my first 315 dead lift. To some, this is paltry, but to me its monumental. I've been chasing just 300lbs for 6 months, spinning my wheels, training and eating inconsistently. but, today I nailed 315 and it felt great. Other members of our tiny basement recreation center gym were astounded, because I weigh 155lbs and am very small, like all the men in my family.

Anyway, I had to tell my t-nations brothers.


#2

congrats man! at 155, nice work!


#3

Good job planting your feet on the road to strength. Now run.


#4

Congratulations man!


#5

3 plates is a damn good feeling, congratulations!


#6

You’re closer to 405 than you were a month ago.
Keep it going.


#7

yay!


#8

Congrats! Now on to 405.


#9

I remember my first pull!

But good job!

(anyone get the reference to the movie?)


#10

[quote]Fuzzyapple wrote:
I remember my first pull!

But good job!

(anyone get the reference to the movie?) [/quote]

no b/c u fucked it up

supposed to be “i remember my first beer”


#11

Good job. You’ll also enjoy the feeling of doing your old 1RM for your work sets.


#12

Good work.

Now as others have said, on to 4 plates!


#13

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Fuzzyapple wrote:
I remember my first pull!

But good job!

(anyone get the reference to the movie?)

no b/c u fucked it up

supposed to be “i remember my first beer”[/quote]

…that’s the point. When were we talking about beer in this thread? Hence substituting “beer” with “pull”.


#14

Excellent job, young man! Now STFU and lift more! Hah!


#15

Congrats on the PR! Don’t put any weight on a pedestal, just keep on going.


#16

[quote]masonator wrote:
Congrats on the PR! Don’t put any weight on a pedestal, just keep on going.[/quote]

Exactly, you’ll be surprised what you’re hitting years down the line.


#17

[quote]Fuzzyapple wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Fuzzyapple wrote:
I remember my first pull!

But good job!

(anyone get the reference to the movie?)

no b/c u fucked it up

supposed to be “i remember my first beer”

…that’s the point. When were we talking about beer in this thread? Hence substituting “beer” with “pull”. [/quote]

idk but i saw someone deadlifitng 405 today and i immediately thought “i remember my first beer”