Pulled My Back Muscle

Hey guys, I recently pulled a back muscle couple months ago during some deadlifts. I then did deadlifts 2 weeks later and felt fine and set a new PR, then a couple days later i did some lighter deadlifts and pulled the same muslce again.

Today i was doing barbell hack squats, i was ramped up to 110kg and then dropped 5kg for the rest of the sets. On the third rep the same muslce pulled again but just a little lower.

How long should i wait till i can do heavy lifts again?? After rehab period should i start off with light weights and then raise the weight up over the week to fire the muslces up again and then move on to big weights?

Please help guys!!

Well I pulled my spinal erector last year and I was out for about 2 months. My question to you would be, is it really that bad? Are you new to training? If so, it is quite possible that you are just getting really bad DOMS and feel stiff. I would recommend holding off on the deadlift for a while, (4-6 weeks) and trying to better my form on squats and destroying your leg muscles on the leg press. That is what helped me when I was injured with a out 4 weeks training exp. I did not start being able to actually feel like I was getting a workout from squat and deadline until about 3 months training exp. I am no pro, but if I were to give you any advice I would say make sure you know it is a pull/tear before you continue training.

Also do rehab work on your back, you have a weakness somewhere (probably hams) and going back to what you were doing without addressing the issue will put you out for another 4-6 weeks

BTW, one thing that did wonders for me was getting a slam ball (6kg) and laying on top of it so you’re face down with the ball between you and the floor and the ball is pressing against your lower abs.

You then roll around until you find a sore spot (usually towards the side of your torso - it will feel as if someone punched you in the gut then kicked you in the nuts). You then take a deep breath and relax into the ball, squish around a bit and repeat a few times then move on to the next spot. The relief was instant when getting off the ball.

Once a day for a few weeks plus daily walking will do wonders.

“back muscle” is a bit vague, but it’s probably the case you need to activate and strengthen your glutes

Thanks guys, im probably gonna be off from dealdifting for 4 weeks, im gonna do some stretching and get massages in the area that hurts. I’m probably gonna do some of that rehab stuff that u guys said with the 6kg slam ball.

Cheers

a few basic yoga poses really helped my lower back… it helped all of my joint/ muscle pain as a matter of fact. theres an article about it on here thats worth looking at.

[quote]dimebag87 wrote:
a few basic yoga poses really helped my lower back… it helped all of my joint/ muscle pain as a matter of fact. theres an article about it on here thats worth looking at.[/quote]

Can u send me the link for the article?