Pulled 605 Today

[quote]ssz28envy wrote:
Great job. This makes me wonder if my plates are funny, now. I just assumed 45 was 45.[/quote]

Most exercise plates are off. Ivanko, York, and Eleiko Competition plates are dead on, but you’ll pay 4$ and more a pound. I’m thinking of getting some, but this tight economy makes me say no.

I’ve heard that 3% up or down is possible. I have 45s that weigh 43.5 and 49 pounds. Let’s say you have 12 45s on there that way 40 lbs a piece. 4 x 12 = 48. your 585 attempt is actually 585 + 48 or 633. This is extreme of course. Some will be on, some will be light, some will be heavy. My 12 45s weigh a total of 14.5 lbs heavy.

I weighed them when I tied an old pr years ago. I decided I was getting a pr that day even if it was a technicality. the five plates on each side were 7.5 lbs heavy. So my 515 became 522.5. My friend called me gay.

I deserved it. but this is good for your own personal knowledge in attempts for meets. If you know your “315” bench is 321, you have some wriggle room when they’re using competition precision plates. don’t count on this factor if they’re using gym plates.

Congrats guy! Don’t keep us waiting on the video.

[quote]khalidshadid64 wrote:
Congrats guy! Don’t keep us waiting on the video.[/quote]

PM me an email address or cell number that can handle video.

That is awesome tom. To train so long for a goal and then just blow it outta the water. There’s a big difference between 600 and 620, that is great

Congrats man!

That’s some good work right there, brother! CONGRATS!

Now after that 700???

Colin a few years ago I’d say no way . Now I’m thinking a year or so. Thanks !

Tremendous, I’m chasing it too, though I imagine it’ll be a while.

Don’t give up. I faced a lot of obstacles . But it feels so good to finally make it . I’m happy with the speed and ease of the pull . At testing i’d be very pleased with 625. More is gravy . Then 700 is next on the agenda .

i pull 600 x 3

nice, Id like to see video.

congrats on the hard work.

[quote]KBCThird wrote:
That is awesome tom. To train so long for a goal and then just blow it outta the water. There’s a big difference between 600 and 620, that is great[/quote]

this.

Josh has me working . Lots of volume and heavy . I actually made my weeks about ten days to recover properly.

Pm me an email address or cell phone number, I’ll send it off.

Btw, I did hit 585 in october. This weighs out at 599.5. So it’s a twenty pound pr and fifteen pounds from last workout.

Josh is bringing me to a peak. Test week is the true max .

well tom…I out weigh you by 20-30lbs…and you out pull me by more than that. so I am inspired, and feel like a pussy at the same time.

my short term goal is 220kg x 10 raw, and 280kg with a belt. wish me luck.

10 reps won’t contribute very much to your 1RM at all.

really? wow, after training and competing in PL, OL, track and field, Highland games, for 25 years…I did not know that.

in my youth I have hit 510x10 raw…

I am on old man who has lots of injuries and need and has had lots of surgeries, I just think it would be cool to hit a 220kg beltless 10 rep dl at this stage in my life.

i like to have 1-3-5 and 10 rep maxes.

I have hit 4-7 reps beltless with 220kg recently, so I just want to push that up to 10 for fun.

if you were being sarcastic, i apologize in advance.

Just stating my opinion man. In my experience low reps and speed work are vaaaastly better for your 1RM than higher reps. I’ve added like 160lbs to my pull in less than a year pulling low reps and am now sitting just below 700.

Reps helped me . But not sets of ten. I was doing 455,495 x2 followed by 6,8,10 sets of 390 x3 with one minute breaks .

So while I didn’t do High rep sets I did s lot of pulling .

[quote]Gaius Octavius wrote:
Just stating my opinion man. In my experience low reps and speed work are vaaaastly better for your 1RM than higher reps. I’ve added like 160lbs to my pull in less than a year pulling low reps and am now sitting just below 700.[/quote]

you did not understand a damn thing I said.

missed the point entirely.

does not matter, do not want to derail Toms thread.
PM me if you want to talk about this more.