Pulled 605 Today

Pulled it today . 605 on the bar, actual weight 619.5.

First official 600+ bar weight pull. My weight 205 this am.

Vid?

Nicely done.

[quote]tom63 wrote:
605 on the bar, actual weight 619.5.
[/quote]

What do you mean by weight on the bar vs. actual weight? Am I missing something?

?? You used a 15 pound bar? I’m also confuzzed.

Good pull…and I also have no idea what you mean. If the actual weight was 619.5, why isn’t the thread 619.5 pull?

tom is referring to the fact that the plate weight+bar weight is stamped at 605, he has stated in the past that his plates weigh heavy, so he weighed the plates and the attempt turned out to be 619.5lbs

[quote]tom63 wrote:
Pulled it today . 605 on the bar, actual weight 619.5.

First official 600+ bar weight pull. My weight 205 this am.[/quote]

That would be 3x bodyweight…very nice indeed!

3 x BW raw is very impressive. great job. i 2nd the video. would love to see it.

That’s huge. If I remember from the 600lb deadlift thread you’ve been tinkering around with this for quite a while, right? That’s awesome.

I third the video.

I weigh my plates . I write down the weight it says , but keep in mind the actual weight for competition purposes when I can actually do one . I don’t post my lifts online , but if you pm me your email I’ll send you the video .

Just a little personal privacy quirk .

I give a credit to Josh Bryant .

Understood. Then congrats on the 619.5 pull, that’s a damn fine achievement.

I take it as 605 in the log, but keep the actual weight in mind if they have precision plates .

Great job. This makes me wonder if my plates are funny, now. I just assumed 45 was 45.

PM sent

[quote]ssz28envy wrote:
Great job. This makes me wonder if my plates are funny, now. I just assumed 45 was 45.[/quote]

My 45s are 43.5 - 49. Most are heavy . At 225 it doesn’t matter much. But at 585 with twelve 45s it’s a different story.

This is one reason I believe that people do better at meets . You train on exercise plates and lift on ivanko plates and it will be different .

Thats a big pull! I will be joining you at 600+ soon

thati s fucking awesome tom!

i that you have been chasing that lift for a long time. solid.

Thanks guys! I did use a Metal King Deadlifter. FWIW I don’t put it on to tight. No more than an old supersuit in the old days. I can’t guess on my carryover. It’s not two pounds, but it’s not fifty either. The biggest benefit to the suit is it reminds me to get my hips down. I tend to let them up to high when I lift raw.

It’s a great cue for positioning. I might give it a go raw soon also when I test, or just shoot for 625-650. Josh has built up my floor speed a lot which was the area where I would normally miss.

[quote]heavythrower wrote:
thati s fucking awesome tom!

i that you have been chasing that lift for a long time. solid. [/quote]

Thanks Heavy, I’ve been knocking at the door 3.5 years. Don’t quit on your goals guys. sometimes the impossible is closer than you think. I literally broke down after I was done screaming. this was the toughest thing I ever worked for and it took the longest. But man, nothing is sweeter than something you have busted your ass for.