Pull- Ups/Over 250lbs

Here a few of me 260-270lbs

Sweet got it to work

yeah i dont think his weight his the issues mr. popular

Wow man, nice fucking work.

Keep with the broomsticks for a while, see how that works out for you. Have you ever had any kind of shoulder issues before, rotator cuff, etc.?

Yes i played college ball which gave me two shoulder surgeries.

Thanks for the compliment bro. I have put in alot of work.

I’d be interested in hearing about how you train

Sure wouldn’t mind posting some logs. Will be able to in a day or two when I can get to my computer. These cell phone key boards are not made for fat fingers. Anything to help a brother out.

[quote]xdsho wrote:
I’d be interested in hearing about how you train[/quote]

x2 your a beast dude

I hate to be “that guy” but given your two previous shoulder surgeries and pictures your shoulders look a little forward, restricting you scapula and thoracic spine to “work” properly. I would look up some stretches for the internal rotators of your shoulders(especially the pec minor; was horribly tight in my right shoulder after my first injury), anything for your rhomboids and lower trapezius strengthening(“Bat wings” helped me quite a bit), and I believe it was Chad Waterbury who wrote an article recently on scapular retractions that I found VERY helpful in bringing up my pull-up numbers(more for reps, not necessarily weights). Hope anything helps, the shoulders are such a bitch to keep healthy but feel so awesome when they are. Good luck

Thanks for the info, I’m always up for learning. I will read the articles and check it out. Thanks

haha, beast mode!

Figured I would throw up a pic of the pecs and wheels for shits and giggles.

Anyone else notice how the one hater to show up in here is now absent? Some people should really just keep their thoughts to themselves.

I do have to wonder why abandoning wide-grip pullups is recommended. I typically do them with the weight-belt.

Tank, you’re pretty jacked. Keep up the good work.

[quote]Rodimus Black wrote:
Anyone else notice how the one hater to show up in here is now absent? Some people should really just keep their thoughts to themselves.

I do have to wonder why abandoning wide-grip pullups is recommended. I typically do them with the weight-belt.

Tank, you’re pretty jacked. Keep up the good work. [/quote]

Ditto on the widegrip.

I also use them regularly and would be interested in thoughts about why you should not.

[quote]xfactor3236 wrote:
yeah i dont think his weight his the issues mr. popular[/quote]

Yeah actually I think it’s pretty god damn obvious that weight is the issue, since he can do them pain-free when performing them assisted. Not saying he’s too large to do pullups, but traditional wide-grip bodybuilding pullups are a pretty specific exercise.

I’m not a 250+lb bodybuilder, but logically I would say that if you only ever do underhand or narrow grip pullups while climbing up in bodyweight in strength, and then one day try a wide grip overhand pullup, your body just isn’t going to be used to it.

The same thing happened to my training partner and it wasn’t because he was so heavy, it was because he trained his back with the narrow grip so long that the strength wasn’t there when he tried going wide with an extra 50lbs of bodyweight from the last time he tried (he’s doing wide-grip pulldowns until he’s strong enough to do extended sets of wide-grip pullups).

Also might as well say OP you’re big as hell, really good work, would also be interested in reading a log.

Having pain when performing an exercise has nothing to with strength levels. His issue is almost certainly flexibility or impingement of some sort.

I’m sure shoulder surgery doesn’t help either.

OP Why not just drop wide-grip pullups altogether? Are you able to do pulldowns instead? If you are able to do them with a narrow grip wothout a problem just stick with those. You are a big dude no sense pounding away at and exercise that is bothering you so much. It’s not like you HAVE to have wide-grip pullups in order to get big or maintain your size.

Anyway great work man

[quote]Tankman4411 wrote:
I am not fat…[/quote]

Talk about an understatement lol

You’re a beast man. Definitely stick around and share some of your experience. You’re a welcomed edition to the boards

[quote]Tankman4411 wrote:
Yes i played college ball which gave me two shoulder surgeries.[/quote]

How much does that mess with your pressing?

(sorry but this thread can’t be about pullups anymore… lol)