Pull-Ups on Pole Bar

Hi,

My problem is that my current appartment does not sustain a regular (horizontal) pull-up bar without blasting the door frames, although I’d have my girlfriends pole dance bar available.
I guess the used muscle groups are a bit different and, of course, doing it on that bar (when nobodys watching…) is better than doing nothing.
Has any of you experiences with doing pull-ups on a vertical i.e. Pole bar?

There was a recent article on rope climbing that talks about ways to focus on different muscles… I don’t see this being much different.

But it’s hard to tell for sure until we see a pic of your girl on said pole.

[quote]Sethnacht wrote:
I guess the used muscle groups are a bit different and, of course, doing it on that bar (when nobodys watching…) is better than doing nothing.
Has any of you experiences with doing pull-ups on a vertical i.e. Pole bar?[/quote]
I’ll be honest. First I thought you were half-joking, but it turns out it’s a legit thing. So, neat.

Here’s the article Island mentioned, about a few variations for climbing ropes.

If we figure the pole is a however-tall metal “rope”, then you could probably tweak some of what’s discussed there and see how you do.

Because the pole is probably fairly thick and vertical (meaning you’re forced to use a neutral grip), any pulls you do will be more arms/grip rather than back, but it’s still worth giving a shot.

Agree with above we can’t really help until we have atleast a 1 song long video of said girl friend using the pole. The less clothing the more advice we will be able to give as we will be able to see exactly which muscles,are being used with different variations or hand grips and what not. Thank you for cooperation.

I see, if it’s for the higher good, I will ask her for a video. I post again when I’m healed up from her reaction. in the meantime, thx for your help!