Pull-Ups As a Measure of Bodyfat

[quote]1morerep wrote:
randman wrote:
This is one of THE stupidest things I’ve read on this site.

even more stupid than putting creatine in your socks?[/quote]

ummmm, what? Was that a thread I missed, or did you just randomly think of something more stupid then the theory of this thread?

[quote]PF_88 wrote:
1morerep wrote:
randman wrote:

even more stupid than putting creatine in your socks?

ummmm, what? Was that a thread I missed, or did you just randomly think of something more stupid then the theory of this thread?[/quote]

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_supplements/putting_creatine_in_socks?id=241796

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
PF_88 wrote:
1morerep wrote:
randman wrote:

ummmm, what? Was that a thread I missed, or did you just randomly think of something more stupid then the theory of this thread?

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_supplements/putting_creatine_in_socks?id=241796

[/quote]

Right, ok I’d say that other thread is more stupid then this one. The responses though, those were funny.

that thread isnt dumber because that thread was a troll or whatever, this is legit.

[quote]Polish Rifle wrote:
1morerep wrote:
double wow

X3.

Your friend is a dipshit. I used to do around 15 pull-ups years ago when I was 160 lbs. Now, I’m lucky to pump out 10 pull-ups at 220 lbs. Hell, it’s a good day when I pull 8.

Funny how my deadlift has gone up over 200 lbs, my bench almost 130 lbs, and my squats 250 lbs.

I was starting to w0nder what was wrong with me. Hell, I must be fat…

I think I’m going to start supersetting pull-ups with more pull-ups. Maybe I’ll add a shoe for more weight after the 1st 4 weeks.

[/quote]

All that extra muscle is making you fat.

[quote]PF_88 wrote:
1morerep wrote:
randman wrote:

ummmm, what? Was that a thread I missed, or did you just randomly think of something more stupid then the theory of this thread?[/quote]

That whole thing started as a myspace forum joke, and then migrated over here as a joke. Of course, someone out there took it seriously.

This guy uses the gravatron assisted pull-up. So does that mean his bodyfat is like 20%?

This is about as precise as judging bodyfat by asking how many pizza slices someone can eat.

What a fucking retard. And anyone that thinks it could be remotely possible is just as much of a retard.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
What a fucking retard. And anyone that thinks it could be remotely possible is just as much of a retard.[/quote]

Anyone else notice that this forum is getting more idiotic by the minute…
The last few days were terrible…

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
What a fucking retard. And anyone that thinks it could be remotely possible is just as much of a retard.

Anyone else notice that this forum is getting more idiotic by the minute…
The last few days were terrible…
[/quote]

Absolutely

Obviously we are not talking about wide grip pullups here. If you can do 20, you are doing quite well.

I have the perfect acid test, for your approval. If you can’t do 15 full strict chins, you’re either too fat or too weak.

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
I have the perfect acid test, for your approval. If you can’t do 15 full strict chins, you’re either too fat or too weak. [/quote]

I’d like to see how many here that are bigger than average and still decent BF, could do 15 strict form chins. I’d say not many

Your “bodybuilder” friend can probably do 30 chins but can’t bench his bodyweight, which is probably around 155 lbs.

The number of chins you can do indicates NOTHING!

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
Your “bodybuilder” friend can probably do 30 chins but can’t bench his bodyweight, which is probably around 155 lbs.

The number of chins you can do indicates NOTHING! [/quote]

Sure it does. It indicates that you have mad chinning skillz, yo. Recognize! :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
analog_kid wrote:

The number of chins you can do indicates NOTHING!

Sure it does. It indicates that you have mad chinning skillz, yo. Recognize! :P[/quote]

He benches 140 kg for 8 reps in the offseason. He weighs 75 kg, shredded, and 90 kg in the off season.

jp_dubya wrote:
I have the perfect acid test, for your approval. If you can’t do 15 full strict chins, you’re either too fat or too weak.

I’d like to see how many here that are bigger than average and still decent BF, could do 15 strict form chins. I’d say not many[/quote]

i am 86.5 kg, 10% bf and can do 20-25 chins.

My friend is 75 kg in contest shape, 40 chins, and 90 kg offseason where he can only do 25-30.

What a fucking retard. And anyone that thinks it could be remotely possible is just as much of a retard.[/quote]

This guy is not a fuckin retard. He has an amazing physique, and can lift amazing numbers.

I said this theory may not apply for all as many factors are involved in doing the pullup, like strength endurance, and fast vs slow muscle twitch fibres.

Somebody must be advertising this site at Hanna Montana themed birthday parties.

Please…stop.