Pull-Up Bar for a BIG Boy?

Why not find an old little kids swing set and have him do pullups on that. It should support him.

Ever see the episode of rob and big where rob takes him to a recycling plant to see how much he weighs on one of their scales. you could always do that to get an accurate weight!

[quote]tveddy wrote:
Why not find an old little kids swing set and have him do pullups on that. It should support him.[/quote]

Good idea, or go to any playground, there should be some sort of bar at fatman pullup height. Kids don’t actually go outside anymore, so the playground should be empty.

[quote]tveddy wrote:
Why not find an old little kids swing set and have him do pullups on that. It should support him.[/quote]

Yes…take the 380 pounder to a playground full of children with limited social graces…then you’ll find out what a real fat joke sounds like.

[quote]Puny@138 wrote:
tveddy wrote:
Why not find an old little kids swing set and have him do pullups on that. It should support him.

Yes…take the 380 pounder to a playground full of children with limited social graces…then you’ll find out what a real fat joke sounds like.[/quote]

No, find one of those old swing sets that people buy for their kids. After kids grow up people will give them away just to have them hauled off.

Or he bends the bar, and the neighbors laugh at him. And yes that is experience talking there.

Someone please tell me this is a joke that so many people are THIS caught up in making a 400lbs person do pull ups. I mean, this is a joke, right? That’s what his primary or even his tertiary concern should be…pull ups. Yeah.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Someone please tell me this is a joke that so many people are THIS caught up in making a 400lbs person do pull ups. I mean, this is a joke, right? That’s what his primary or even his tertiary concern should be…pull ups. Yeah.[/quote]

Dude, can you imagine the stress on his shoulders at that weight? Starting off with this would be painful (and stupid,) I’d be willing to bet that even hanging on the bar would be a bit of a workout right now.

Work on weight loss, and not at an extreme rate either. Basics would be best, but remember that he isn’t going to be able to do everything you are able to do. Get a barbell and some weights, see what he can do and progress from there. Don’t hurt the guy for christ’s sake.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Someone please tell me this is a joke that so many people are THIS caught up in making a 400lbs person do pull ups. I mean, this is a joke, right? That’s what his primary or even his tertiary concern should be…pull ups. Yeah.[/quote]

You’re right. They asked a question and I answered the question without thinking about it. It would be dumb to have him do pullups.

i have been lifting for about 1.5 years, and i am about 5’9 198. i can barely do 5-6 pull ups. weak? probably compared to some people, but when i was lighter and weaker, i found this MUCH easier. maybe im just not used to doing my own BW yet, cause i did gain 55 lbs over the past year…

but anyway, i cant imagine doing a pull up with 4, 45 lb plates hanging off me. i cant imagine WALKING like that. This guy is definately gonna have to drop a bit of weight first.