Pull Up Article?

A while ago there was an article on pull ups which started with negatives/just getting to 1 bodyweight pull up, and progressed to weighted and had all sorts of other variations. I’ve searched and can’t find it, does anyone know what I’m talking about? It wasn’t Thibs’ Keep Your Chin Up, it was a non TN regular contributor and more recent article, but for the life of me I can’t remember who or what it was titled.

Thanks in advance and I’m very sorry to be a failure at searching since I know it’s a high crime in these parts. :slight_smile:

Did a quick search, but couldn’t find it either. However, just in general, www.dragondoor.com has more articles on bodyweight exercises than T-Nation.

To be more specific, this link might be a good start: 404 | Dragon Door

Sorry for the double post, but taking a closer look at the articles, this one may be even better for you: 404 | Dragon Door

Great, problems with my router, so now it’s a triple post.

[quote]sluicy wrote:
A while ago there was an article on pull ups which started with negatives/just getting to 1 bodyweight pull up, and progressed to weighted and had all sorts of other variations. I’ve searched and can’t find it, does anyone know what I’m talking about? It wasn’t Thibs’ Keep Your Chin Up, it was a non TN regular contributor and more recent article, but for the life of me I can’t remember who or what it was titled.

Thanks in advance and I’m very sorry to be a failure at searching since I know it’s a high crime in these parts. :-)[/quote]

This article with Poliquin talks about pull-ups and methods for advancement. This is the only one I remember reading in the last year.

What the OP mentioned sounds like a decent way to advance to doing a pullup.

Maybe she should write an article on it.

One more from our Figure Athlete area:

http://figureathlete.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/bodybuilding/ladies_you_can_conquer_the_pullup

I’m starting to feel like I imagined it. I’ve been looking for two days. It had all these cool variations on pull ups. It was like a full article version of the segment of the Poliquin article agent9014 linked above.

It also talked about how a one handed pull up was a very different movement with different muscles which regular pull ups don’t prepare you for and had instruction on how to start from scratch on that exercise too.

Maybe I’m just crazy, or this is the product of a forgotten dream about a nonexistent pull up article.

I read on called “keep your chin up” by Thibs. Try that

sorry didn’t read your whole message.

[quote]sluicy wrote:
I’m starting to feel like I imagined it. I’ve been looking for two days. It had all these cool variations on pull ups. It was like a full article version of the segment of the Poliquin article agent9014 linked above.

It also talked about how a one handed pull up was a very different movement with different muscles which regular pull ups don’t prepare you for and had instruction on how to start from scratch on that exercise too.

Maybe I’m just crazy, or this is the product of a forgotten dream about a nonexistent pull up article. [/quote]

Sluicy I read it like two days ago, I know what you’re talking about but I can’t find it either lol

[quote]Robert P. wrote:
Sorry for the double post, but taking a closer look at the articles, this one may be even better for you: 404 | Dragon Door
[/quote]

I second this. I could never get past 3 and started doing this with the bands and can now do 7, at 242 lbs.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
sluicy wrote:

Maybe I’m just crazy, or this is the product of a forgotten dream about a nonexistent pull up article.

Sluicy I read it like two days ago, I know what you’re talking about but I can’t find it either lol[/quote]

Do you remember who wrote it?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Robert P. wrote:

I second this. I could never get past 3 and started doing this with the bands and can now do 7, at 242 lbs.
[/quote]

I can do about six now at about 130 lbs, and could do 10 at 115 lbs. I beat the boys at last years’ impromptu Christmas pull up competition so that was a very nice ego boost (pounds chest) but I’m stuck here.

My husband, who is in worse shape than I, has been doing negatives for months and still can’t progress to one full pull up. I don’t say that to put him down because he is very intense, he just started lifting later than I did and carries more body fat.

I know there is a lot of good information around but I particularly wanted to find this one article.

I want to do a one handed. I don’t care how long it takes. It just would be sweet.

While it’s not an article, this is a very effective program. It was posted years ago by an old member called Zeb. I used it to boost my rather pathetic pull up ability. Try it out.

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/zeb_on_chinups

Fishdg

[quote]sluicy wrote:
I’m starting to feel like I imagined it. I’ve been looking for two days. It had all these cool variations on pull ups. [/quote]

I remember it…there were some cool versions where you actually pulled yourself up by your feet.

[quote]sen say wrote:
sluicy wrote:
I’m starting to feel like I imagined it. I’ve been looking for two days. It had all these cool variations on pull ups.

I remember it…there were some cool versions where you actually pulled yourself up by your feet.

[/quote]

I see your decision not to mock me lasted thirteen minutes, Mr. Say. Very impressive.

[quote]sluicy wrote:
I see your decision not to mock me lasted thirteen minutes, Mr. Say. Very impressive.[/quote]

And here you thought they called me ‘long laster’ for another reason.

[quote]sen say wrote:
sluicy wrote:
I see your decision not to mock me lasted thirteen minutes, Mr. Say. Very impressive.

And here you thought they called me ‘long laster’ for another reason.[/quote]

I did?

[quote]sluicy wrote:
sen say wrote:
sluicy wrote:

And here you thought they called me ‘long laster’ for another reason.

I did?[/quote]

Someone must’ve…