T Nation

Pull The Pin

First post... Here we go!

Little about myself... I'm a senior in college finishing up my engineering degree and my last year of collegiate baseball. I've been "seriously" lifting for about 4 years now. I'm one of those guys who loves the science of programming, so one of my weaknesses is jumping off and on certain programs.

As of tomorrow, I am going to start the APRE (Autoregulated Progressve Resistance Exercise) program using my 6 rep maxes and will be training my Front Squat, Deadlift, Back Squat, and Dumbbell Bench Press (save the shoulders because I'm a pitcher). I will also be performing shoulder mobility/pull exercises everyday along with accessory work. For conditioning I will be doing a lot Gym Jones workouts, a lot of them being on the Erg (rowing machine). Some of the GJ style workouts will also include accessory work.

Here are my current maxes (or estimations of):
Back Squat: 365#
DL: 500#
Front Squat: ~305??
DB Bench: No idea

Height: 6'4"
Weight: 205

I will also be logging if I ate well that day and how much sleep I got. Personally, I have found that it really doesn't matter how much I eat, rather how well or clean I eat. Not worried about % body fat, more worried about energy levels for that day and how well I recover. Lastly, being a student-athlete I don't get much sleep (6 hours on avg) but I'm trying to change that number to 8 and hopefully see some energy differences.

I don't know if anyone will read this but if you do feel free to comment/question/provide suggestions. Open to anything that will increase my knowledge in weightlifting.

Cheers!