Puking After Workout?

[quote]deanosumo wrote:
‘I am not afraid of fainting. If I fall down, I fall down. I have thrown up in the gym many times.’

[/quote]

Yes but arnold wasn’t known for his mental abilities, and knew jack shit about biophysics, unlike me.

[quote]francisbouillon wrote:
deanosumo wrote:
‘I am not afraid of fainting. If I fall down, I fall down. I have thrown up in the gym many times.’

Yes but arnold wasn’t known for his mental abilities, and knew jack shit about biophysics, unlike me.[/quote]

In my mythology, criticism of Arnold is not permitted!

PS Having read some of your recent posts Francis, I have come to the conclusion that you are a wanker.

[quote]Sxio wrote:
ANd then one day you faint and go head first into a machine, resulting in reconstructive surgery to the delicate bones in your face.

And then you realise that fainting at any time is a warning sign that somethign is wrong. [/quote]

It’s a quote from ‘Pumping Iron’, doofus.

Puking means your conditioning blows with respect to the workout you attempted. Do more GPP, or don’t do workouts that require that much anaerobic/ CV strain; your choice.

Just as a side… In my physiology class puking while workingout/running can often be attritubted one main thing… Workingout WAY too soon. The body uses a lot of blood to help the digestive process along and when you are working out (which is considered way more important biologically than absorbing food) really hard, your body says “Well… I don’t have the capacity for this food…adios!”

[quote]Ross Hunt wrote:
Puking means your conditioning blows with respect to the workout you attempted. Do more GPP, or don’t do workouts that require that much anaerobic/ CV strain; your choice.[/quote]

Exactly. All the times I’ve puked during sports have been training camp type things or coming back from injuries with long layoffs. To contrast, the most intensive efforts of my life haven’t left me slumped over a garbage can. Puking is a sign of being under conditioned for the task.

I puked after a workout after eating taco bell as a “pre-workout” meal (not knowing any better) and have worked out harder many times since without puking.

Many factors can go into the reason for puking during/after a workout.

I would say that most of the time it would mean that you did something wrong.

[quote]fahd wrote:
Puking is catabolic, avoid it if you can.[/quote]

But it’s a really intense ab workout. So like all things, you have to find the balance.

haha… My friend just got over a stomach flu and he calls me up… “Damn, If you want to get nice abs just get your ass the stomach flu”