T Nation

Pudding

Whats "pudding?", i.e uk translation?

what other food would work in terms of consistency....im trying to keep the carbs % down.

sorry managed to leave a part out,
i mean pudding in terms of what alot of people add to their protein bar mixes.

Im not hearing what your exactly asking but pudding is a simple carb. its corn starch. as for something near the same you can make no carb pudding with protein powder and guar or xantham gum Pure fiber

phill

How hard is it to write in English, and ask a specific question?

He is Scottish, not English!

Pudding = Haggis

"i mean pudding in terms of what alot of people add to their protein bar mixes."

I assume that gibberish is Scottish. Translation please?

i thought i saw the term thrown around alot so yould know what i was trying to say, but here you go:

'Here the recipe:
For Cutting:

Combine in Large Mixing Bowl

8 Scoops Whey (Vanilla is very good)
3 Cups Oats
1 Package Sugar Free Fat Free Pudding (Any flavor is good)
2 Cups Skim Milk'

what is the 'pudding' component? if im trying to stay low carb i instinctively want to try and replace the 'pudding' part with something else ;]

Id just say look at my earlier post for a replacement or even eggs possibly.

Phill

any of various soft thick unsweetened baked dishes; "corn pudding"

(British) the dessert course of a meal (`pud' is used informally)

any of various soft sweet desserts thickened usually with flour and baked or boiled or steamed

or

Pudding is either of two general types of food, the second deriving from the first. The older puddings were foods that were presented in a solid mass formed by the amalgamation of various ingredients with a binder that may or may not have been a gelling agent, including the use of blood. The best-known examples of this are the black pudding and the Yorkshire pudding. This older type of pudding, still commonly made today in the British Isles, was often a main-course type of dish.

or

Like custards, thick, creamy mixtures of milk, sugar, and flavorings. Custards are thickened with eggs, puddings with cornstarch or flour.

define:pudding @ google...

cheers phil, ill try that.

and thanks danchubb i know know alot about pudding ;]

No worries :wink:
I love chocolate pudding.
Black pudding not so much.