Public Option is Dead in Senate

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/12/08/democratic-senators-agree-drop-government-run-insurance-option/

WASHINGTON – Democratic senators say they have a tentative deal to drop a government-run insurance option from health care legislation.

No further details were immediately available.

But liberals and moderates have been discussing an alternative, including a private insurance arrangement to be supervised by the federal agency that oversees the system through which lawmakers purchase coverage. Additionally, talks centered on opening up Medicare to uninsured Americans beginning at age 55, a significant expansion of the large government health care program that currently serves the over-65 population.

Sen. Tom Harkin of Iowa told reporters he didn’t like the agreement but would support it to the hilt in an attempt to pass health care legislation.

We may get a two for one deal. With reducing the age of medicare that program will go bankrupt even faster.

I can full confidence in Barack, Nancy, Harry, John (Murtha), and numerous other public-spirited leaders to do right by us.

What does a government run insurance debacle look like without a public option?

My guess is almost no difference Maximus. To me the best way to reform health care is to ahve more jobs. Let’s not count the illegal aliens in this tally. Let’s not count the temporarily uninsured. then let’s see what to do about those who are chronically uninsured.

I’m willing to bet half of those sob stories aren’t when you dig deep.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
What does a government run insurance debacle look like without a public option? [/quote]

It looks like the expansion of already existing entitlements which were already projected to devour nearly the entire US budget by 2040.

Edit: And, I predict, this will happen with a good bit of republican support. They’ll find some way to disappoint.

I am telling you, I have this gut feeling that there will be a last minute switch-a-roo and they will pass a different bill. Reid is capable of this. Leiberman is also singing a different tune now.

This is a good old bait and switch.

Tho I have to wonder why would they want to decrease the medicare age to 55? the program would go broke so fast.

[quote]John S. wrote:

Tho I have to wonder why would they want to decrease the medicare age to 55? the program would go broke so fast.[/quote]

it’s not already broken?

[quote]Therizza wrote:

[quote]John S. wrote:

Tho I have to wonder why would they want to decrease the medicare age to 55? the program would go broke so fast.[/quote]

it’s not already broken?[/quote]

Oh it is. Just with this nonsense being added to it, it will collapse in a couple of years.