Pubertal Gyno, Help Need Answers

Im 18 and have had gyno for about 2-3 years now. Never really knew anything about it till a few weeks back just doing casual reading on this site.

Anyway im considering going on Letro to try to get rid of it but wanna be sure that it can affect pubertal gyno and not just gyno that is caused by steroid use?

and i believe i need to get my hands on some nolva to block the estrogen rebound afterwards, but not sure about the timing of taking the nolva relative to the letro. and also the dosage of the nolva, and wheter i need to taper on, like i need to do with the letro.

Id also like to know if this stuff would show up on a blood test, How long the whole process usually takes and most of all what affect it could have on my sex drive and if there are any otther serious side effects that I should be aware of.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

also if i get the liquid form(chemone for example) am I suppose to inject them or drink them? And would the pill form be better then the liquid form?

I’ve posted this befoe but whatever…i suggest you just try nolvadex. Here are 3 studies that refer to the use of nolvadex as treatment for pubertal gyno on teenagers.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/....&dopt=Abstract

Horm Res. 2002;57(5-6):187-91. Related Articles, Links

Effects of tamoxifen on lipid profile and coagulation parameters in male patients with pubertal gynecomastia.

Novoa FJ, Boronat M, Carrillo A, Tapia M, Diaz-Cremades J, Chirino R.

Department of Endocrinology, Hospital Universitario Insular, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain. jnovoa@cicei.ulpgc.es

BACKGROUND/AIM: The estrogenic actions of tamoxifen on lipid profiles and hemostasis have been extensively demonstrated in women. Due to limited experience with this drug in males, it is uncertain whether these effects are also present in men. The aim of our study was to assess the response of blood lipids, lipoproteins, and coagulation parameters in a group of men taking tamoxifen. METHODS: We studied 15 healthy boys with pubertal gynecomastia who were given 10 mg tamoxifen per day. Total testosterone, sex-hormone-binding globulin, estradiol, serum lipids, apolipoprotein B, apolipoprotein A-I, lipoprotein(a), fibrinogen, antithrombin III, von Willebrand factor, and markers of activated coagulation and fibrinolysis were determined at baseline and 1 and 3 months after beginning of the tamoxifen treatment. RESULTS: Total cholesterol and lipoprotein(a) showed moderate but significant decreases from baseline. Low-density lipoprotein and high-density lipoprotein cholesterol concentrations as well as triglyceride and apolipoprotein B levels became lower, but these changes were not statistically significant. Among clotting parameters, antithrombin III was reduced, and von Willebrand factor increased significantly. Markers of activated coagulation and fibrinolysis remained unchanged throughout the period of therapy. CONCLUSIONS: The effects of tamoxifen on blood lipids and hemostasis we found in this group of healthy young men were qualitatively similar, but lesser than those previously described in women. Copyright 2002 S. Karger AG, Basel

Then show him this so he’ll give you the nolvadex:

Klin Padiatr. 1987 Nov-Dec;199(6):389-91. Related Articles, Links

[Treatment of marked gynecomastia in puberty with tamoxifen]

[Article in German]

Konig R, Schonberger W, Neumann P, Benes P, Grimm W.

Kinderklinik, Universitat Mainz.

Based on the good results of another author 10 boys with marked pubertal gynecomastia were treated with the antioestrogen Tamoxifen (Nolvadex) at a dose of 20-40 mg/d orally for 2-12 months. In most cases the gynecomastia decreased totally, only two patients experienced palpable subareolar glandular tissue at the end of therapy. Side effects were not noted. During therapy levels of estradiol and testosteron increased, with a more pronounced elevation of estradiol. Basal values of LH and FSH remained nearly unchanged, but LH showed an increased response to LH-RH, which could be explained by the antioestrogenic effect of Tamoxifen at the hypothalamic level. The reduction of breast size in spite of increased estradiol levels on the other hand, suggests that the mean therapeutic effect of tamoxifen is through estrogen receptor blockade of breast tissue.

and this…

Dtsch Med Wochenschr. 1984 Nov 2;109(44):1678-82. Related Articles, Links

[Testosterone and estradiol levels in male gynecomastia. Clinical and endocrine findings during treatment with tamoxifen]

[Article in German]

Eversmann T, Moito J, von Werder K.

Oestradiol-(E2) levels in serum were significantly higher in a group of 91 males with gynaecomastia than in a control group. The levels were highest in patients with testicular tumour, hyperprolactinaemia and idiopathic gynaecomastia. In gynaecomastia of puberty and primary or secondary hypogonadism, the E2 level was within normal limits, but the testosterone/oestradiol ratio was significantly reduced. Tamoxifen, at a daily dose of 20 mg, was administered over 2-4 months to 16 patients with gynaecomastia. Of twelve patients with painful gynaecomastia ten became painfree. Gynaecomastia regressed partially or completely in 14 patients, in only 2 was it unchanged. There was no recurrence of gynaecomastia after discontinuing tamoxifen. Side-effects did not occur. It is concluded that tamoxifen is a promising alternative to the surgical treatment of gynaecomastia.

If you’ve had gyno for some time, as you say you have, then it will be harder to treat, if not impossible, with non-surgical options. I’ve had mild gyno since puberty and a couple weeks ago tried to use letrozole (femara) to get rid of it. BTW I am 21 years old. Following the same procedure as others who have had success I had no results. Perhaps it will work, but it seems there are mixed opinions on whether or not pubertal gyno is treatable after a certain timeframe. You might have luck with it though. I doubt Nolvadex would do anything to get rid of gyno in your case, but letrozole might help. You can find it for sale online from research chem companies. Good luck.

JC

I hit puberty at a very early age (five or six), had off the chart T levels, and developed gyno on one side of my chest. It never progressed beyong the puffyness but it was clearly there. Anyway, it got smaller over time as my hormones settled down… by the time I was a teenager it was barely appreciable and not at all visible.

I still have a verrrrrry small mass under that nipple that I can feel if I palpate carefully. It gets smaller when I’m physically active and lean, and larger during periods of sedentism. I’ve been unable to exercise over the last nine months due to injury and have gained some bodyfat. The size of the mass has increased slightly as well.

That probably doesn’t help you at all, but what the fuck.

[quote]attutie wrote:
If you’ve had gyno for some time, as you say you have, then it will be harder to treat, if not impossible, with non-surgical options. I’ve had mild gyno since puberty and a couple weeks ago tried to use letrozole (femara) to get rid of it. BTW I am 21 years old. Following the same procedure as others who have had success I had no results. Perhaps it will work, but it seems there are mixed opinions on whether or not pubertal gyno is treatable after a certain timeframe. You might have luck with it though. I doubt Nolvadex would do anything to get rid of gyno in your case, but letrozole might help. You can find it for sale online from research chem companies. Good luck.

JC[/quote]

I just realized I posted this while logged into my girlfriend’s account, sorry about the confusion. I will also agree with everything belligerent said, as that is what happened/happens to me.

JC

Shit… I meant everything belliegerent said is the same for me EXCEPT the early onset of puberty.

JC