Pubertal(?) Gynecomastia

[quote]Professor X wrote:
JJJ555 wrote:
Went to docs today he didnt seem to know much about it instead took this piss- bastard paki docters asked him if theres any treatment he just said no and refffered me to a surgeon this sound right ?
or should i ask for a hormone test

You know, I posted this shit for a reason.

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2235209

There is no hormone test.

There is no “treatment” for gyno.

There is only surgery for gyno that is already established if you are over the age of 19.

How do questions like this still come up even after we make huge fucking threads about it?[/quote]

I posted this thread a week before your gyno thread was made.

Thanks for making it.

EDIT: Oh, were you just referring to JJJ555?

[quote]LiftSmart wrote:
Professor X wrote:
JJJ555 wrote:
Went to docs today he didnt seem to know much about it instead took this piss- bastard paki docters asked him if theres any treatment he just said no and refffered me to a surgeon this sound right ?

There is only surgery for gyno that is already established if you are over the age of 19.

How do questions like this still come up even after we make huge fucking threads about it?

I posted this thread a week before your gyno thread was made.

Thanks for making it.

EDIT: Oh, were you just referring to JJJ555?
[/quote]

Just him. I noticed the dates.

I know there are a lot of guys out there with questions on it though so the thread itself doesn’t surprise me.

ok cheers sheriff i dint no you had done one

I had my gyno removed two months prior to my 18th birthday. If it is indeed breast tissue, invasive surgery is the only real way to get rid of it. It’s expensive, not usually covered by insurance, but if it really is consuming you psychologically(as it was for me), then it’s well worth it.

I had a pretty bad case, though. As an FFB who was fat throughout most of my childhood, I was sporting B-cups at a whopping 145lbs(6’1" tall).

yeah mine arent that big just abit perky n stick out i have heard novaldex can get rid of it dunno if thats true tho we ll see what endocrinolgist jones says

Here is what the Poliquin center recomends for Estrogen Detox and it should help with your situation:

The Essentials of Estrogen Detox

Estrodetox

Incidents of breast cancer, ovarian cancer, and even uterine cancer are on the rise. In fact, all estrogen related cancers are increasing as well as symptoms related to estrogen dominance like endometriosis, PMS, uterine fibroids and benign breast tumors…and estrogen is at the root of all these conditions.

How can estrogen be dangerous? Don’t we all make estrogen? Yes, ladies, we all do-but what really matters is what happens to it once you make it as well as how much your cells and organs are exposed to. Obviously, as a woman, you are going to automatically have a much higher exposure rate from estrogens produced inside your body, but the environment we live in has so dramatically changed in the last 30 years that you are also subject to extraordinary amounts of estrogen coming from outside your body. Many man-made chemicals mimic estrogen in our bodies (these are called xenoestrogens) and these act like the most potent and dangerous estrogens. And if you’re wondering if these chemicals are rare, think again…here’s a brief list of some xenoestrogen sources:
Plastic bottles
Carpet fibers
Teflon coating
Pesticides and herbicides
Commercial meats grown with hormones
Birth control pills
Hormone replacement therapy drugs

So what happens to estrogens in your body? The body treats estrogen as a toxin and tries to eliminate it. In the process of the liver trying to detoxify it, estrogen can be converted into some very dangerous metabolites, which research shows may be responsible for the damage to the DNA that can cause tumors and even cancer! Xenoestrogens are more easily converted down this carcinogenic pathway. These potent and damaging metabolites are also responsible for many of the hormone-related symptoms and conditions mentioned above: PMS, fibroids, etc. Pharmaceutical companies are trying to create drugs to block the action of these estrogens to prevent cancer and reduce estrogen-related symptoms, but the side-effects can often make things worse.

PROTECT YOURSELF NOW!

Here’s the deal-all of these estrogens, regardless of whether you get them from your environment or from yourself; you MUST get rid of them and you MUST protect yourself from them. Different nutrients can influence what type of metabolites of estrogen the liver creates. Certain nutrients can also protect your organs from the potent and dangerous metabolites. Some nutrients have even been shown to reverse damage that has been done and shrink tumors. According to the science, four of the most powerful nutrients that work together are green tea, curcumin, lycopene, and d-limonene.

Here’s what the research says:

Green tea-acts to inhibit breast tumor growth, improves liver detoxification of estrogen1, reduces aromatase and lowers levels of damaging estrogens, protects against estrogen-specific free radicals and carcinogens 

Curcumin-improves detoxification of estrogen by supporting safe, tissue-protective estrogen metabolite, reduces oxidative damage, inhibition of the growth of breast cancer cells2 

Lycopene-powerful antioxidant, inhibition of cancer cell proliferation3, reduction of DNA damage from estrogen4,   

D-limonene-suppresses tumors, reduces tumor size, prevention of mammary, liver, lung and other cancers5, carcinogen removal, reduction in breast tumor growth6, inhibition of mammary carcinomas7, breast carcinoma regression in both early and late stage development8 

After scouring the scientific journals and resources, I am proud to introduce ESTRODETOX! Estrodetox contains powerful levels of all the nutrients listed above, providing outstanding protection from estrogen metabolites and free radicals. The antioxidant capacity of just one softgel is like having 8 fruits and vegetables! More importantly, Estrodetox helps the liver eliminate, or detoxify, the xenoestrogens and the worst of the estrogen metabolites. Now you don’t have to take dozens of different nutrients, hoping that they might be helping-instead, one Estrodetox per day provides powerful protection based on the science; not infomercials, marketing, and fads.

Did I mention that green tea can also help balance your blood sugar, increase your metabolism, and help you burn fat?..now those are great side-effects!

References:

1 Toxicol Sci. 2003 Dec;76(2):262-70. Epub 2003 Nov 4 Epigallocatechin gallate modulates CYP450 isoforms in the female Swiss-Webster mouse.

2 Verma SP, Salamone E, Goldin B. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997 Apr 28;233(3):692-6

3 Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2007 Aug;104(2):221-30. Epub 2006 Oct 19 Hirsch K, Atzmon A, Danilenko M, Levy J, Sharoni Y.

4 Jpn J Vet Res. 2005 Feb;52(4):173-84. Muzandu K, El Bohi K, Shaban Z, Ishizuka M, Kazusaka A, Fujita S

5 Environ Health Perspect. 1997 June; 105(Suppl 4): 977-979

6 Limonene

7 Cancer Research 54, 3540-3543, July 1, 1994 Michael N. Gould2, Cynthia J. Moore, Rong Zhang, Bingcheng Wang, Wendy S. Kennan and Jill D. Haag

8 Cancer Research 52, 4021-4026, July 15, 1992 Jill D. Haag, Mary J. Lindstrom and Michael N. Gould

Thanks for that.

On his site it says “for women” on the bottle.

Why would it specifically be for women?

Hi I went to see the doc and he put me on tamoxifen for 12 weeks 10mg a day but every four weeks had like a 1-2 week gap because of the time it took to be referred.

It has shrank a fair bit but the doc said I cant go on it any longer and should wait to see if it regresses betime I am 20.

But i cant wait that long so from someones advice on here i have began to take 2.5mg of letrozole per day.

My questions are how long should I expect it to take to work ? this is expensive shit for a 17 year old student !

What will it do to my tesosterone ? during and after as I understand there is a estrogen rebound effect after stopping taking it which is why I have tamoxifen handy but what about test ?

why is it not doing as it reportadley should ? as after hearing that it completeltly destroys your sex drive, mine has had the exact opposite effect.

but how long does it take for the estrogen levels to balance out ?

Should I ask for another hormone test after I have finished taking it ? to compare to the tests taking previously

This is the final straw and if it doesent work its surgery, any advice would be appreciated

[quote]Professor X wrote:
JJJ555 wrote:

How do questions like this still come up even after we make huge fucking threads about it?[/quote]

Also thanks for the advice but there clearly is or docters would not have been able to asses my hormone levels :slight_smile:

[quote]JJJ555 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
JJJ555 wrote:

How do questions like this still come up even after we make huge fucking threads about it?

Also thanks for the advice but there clearly is or docters would not have been able to asses my hormone levels :slight_smile:

and obviously I have not seen your’huge fucking threads about it or I wouldnt have posted it ’

I had gyno and had it removed at 17. Then again, I had like B-cups…

Had pubertal gyno when I was very young. It vanished when I became more active.